Update: Addressing new level system questions and feedback

HI @Kesha,

The new review system seriously needs some attention as we have had a lot of instances now where buyers wanted to rate higher but ended up giving a lower rating. 

From the buyer's end, it's a simple apology in most cases but they don't know about the consequences that we sellers could have to face due to such mistakes of their's.

Take this as an example, where a buyer wanted to leave a 5-star review but ended up leaving a 4-star review. Now to maintain our TRS level, we need to have a minimum rating of 4.7 stars and just to offset this review that was left by mistake we now need to get 3 x 5-star reviews as the overall overage would then be following,

3 x 5star = 15

1 x 4star = 4

Total average = 19/4 =  4.75

Generally, only 60-65% of the buyers leave reviews after approving their order. This means that to get these 3 x 5-star reviews to make up for the buyer's mistake, we will have to potentially complete about 5 orders. 

=============================================================================

Question: Now with the new Value of Money question, how likely it is to score 5/5 in that criteria each time? 

The answer is very less likely. 

============================================================================

That being said the probability of getting a 4.7-star review or lower is very high and it might take us the next 10-12 orders just to offset the impact of this mistake and despite of all that effort our Success Score will still suffer.

Not to mention that all this effort is required just to maintain the minimum criteria to remain TRS and avoid demotion. To stay ahead of the competition, it would be logical to say that we might have to maintain a minimum rating of 4.9, and with this mistake, it can take us the next 30-40 orders just to offset it and push our average rating back to 4.9. 

image.png.0b1bee9ab6ff4b184df0a28b61c3528f.png

Edited by shailene_george
  • Like 8

Just 2 weeks back, I was rocking the Choice label, everything was peachy, and my Gig was Top 1 on multiple keywords. Now I'm a level 0, with a measly 4 success score 'cause apparently, I have negative impact in effective communication...

It's crazy, man. I've got a 100% response rate, over 50 orders ALL rated 5 stars, and not a single cancellation, but now my gig's gone from search results.

And get this, with my keyword, there are only 3 pages of results, and mine ain't even on the last page. Contact support? Might as well be talking to a brick wall—just canned responses, zero real help.

So long, Fiverr.

Captura de pantalla 2024-02-22 095740.png

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3

I also have a gig that has only ever received glowing 5 star reviews, that has been chosen as Fiverr's choice numerous times, yet has a success score of 4.  This is highly frustrating.  One of the metrics that lets it down is 'conflict-free orders', yet I have never had any conflicts with clients.  

My question is, in order to calculate this score, are the support requests being counted towards this?  I have sent numerous support requests to Fiverr regarding Promoted Gigs and other non-client related subjects.  Is this unfairly being counted towards this score? 

I have never received anything other than 5 star reviews in the 3 years that I've been working on this site, on all of my gigs.  I have never had any sort of client conflict or any order cancellations - not one!  What is going on??

• Like 7

They certainly will be as foolish freelancers go there thinking that 10% is "cheaper" than Fiverr, somehow completely neglecting to consider the connection fees, the fake jobs, and all the other problems endemic to that site. If you think Fiverr's greedy, UW takes it to the next level.

The grass is definitely not greener over there... and depending on how good you are at bids, you might spend a lot of money on connects before you even get a sniff of your first job. Compare that to Fiverr, where you don't need to pay until the job is complete.

- le me, fiber defener

• Like 7
  • Up 1

On 2/17/2024 at 6:28 PM, thesibyl said:

@Kesha Could you please clarify if members of Seller Plus Premium that are not TRS will lose 7 day clearance and Early Bird with the new system? Ever since Seller Plus Premium came up I have counted on these two features (that are actually the most useful in the program) and I need to prepare since this will affect my financial planning. Thank you.

@Kesha This question is very important to me, since how I arrange my finances would be affected by it. My success manager is not responding to it. I really need an answer about this, please.

Edited by thesibyl
Typo
  • Like 7

Just now, emmaki said:

Yes, I have seen that, but I am Seller Plus Premium, and it is unclear whether or not I will maintain this with Seller Plus Premium or not. I have a success manager that doesn't answer e-mails or answers super late and who has a habit of cancelling my appointments so it's not that I am paying for the perks of having a virtually absent SM.

• Like 10

Just now, thesibyl said:

Yes, I have seen that, but I am Seller Plus Premium, and it is unclear whether or not I will maintain this with Seller Plus Premium or not. I have a success manager that doesn't answer e-mails or answers super late and who has a habit of cancelling my appointments so it's not that I am paying for the perks of having a virtually absent SM.

I am not TRS but I still have 7 day clearance because of seller plus. 

• Like 12
  • Up 1

Just now, msw_77 said:

I am not TRS but I still have 7 day clearance because of seller plus. 

I still do, too, but it's unclear what will happen to Seller Plus / Seller Plus Premium and I would really like for them to address this.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

@Kesha 6 to 9 months ago due to buyer's non-cooperation or misunderstanding, 2 orders or 1 order was canceled due to which the order competition decreased.  Even 3 months ago, a buyer blocked me with the product and sent me an order cancellation request, although when I contacted customer support, they fixed the order competition.  I have completed all the requirements 100% through good work. Due to the launch of my new update system, all the hard work I have done has ended. I am unable to find jobs and success scores.

Screenshot_25.png

• Like 11
  • Sad 4
  • Up 2

@thesibyl My guess is that due to the 30 day grace period to fix issues (you should have an email from Fiverr about this, see screenshot, it was sent yesterday), SPP will probably be lost and it will automatically be downgraded to SP Standard and eligibility returns with a return to Lvl 2, but you'd still need to be TRS to be eligible for Fiverr's calculated cash grab "cashflow" feature.

image.png.b8ba0eec477f310175d8458ae543866e.png

• Like 10

After long time, I got an answer from CS for one of my question....

what will happen with the flagged account after 14th march? Will it be permanent suspended?

They said... 

To answer your question, no, your account will not be permanently disabled because of your New Levels system level.

Screenshot_20240222_160350.png

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

15 hours ago, Alex.M said:

Is anyone else experiencing this _ _ _ _  ? It's the 3rd time in 2 days 

scr.png

I had 30+ cancellations all in the span of like 12 hours awhile . I woke up to them, they were all from asia and all had the same copy / pasted reply. This has happened to me twice now.

image 1.jpg

• Like 11
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 14
  • Up 8

10 minutes ago, dereck_s said:

I had 30+ cancellations all in the span of like 12 hours awhile . I woke up to them, they were all from asia and all had the same copy / pasted reply. This has happened to me twice now.

Have you shown that to CS in a support ticket (maybe you could show a screenshot of that message on the page that was giving info on why they are doing it) and if so what did CS say if they've messaged?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 10

19 minutes ago, emmaki said:

People should really stop sharing that article that details the "strategy".

That needs to be shown to CS probably quickly so they can change how the system works though to prevent it happening again.

• Like 12
  • Up 1

13 hours ago, katherinasim said:

I got a reply - and it's exactly what you said 😅 

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 00.11.31.png

I had the exact same reply to my query so I guess they have a template on how to reply.
They are just copy pasting and not really willing to address our concerns.
I asked a few more questions and am waiting on their reply since 2 days now.

Instead I received a reminder yesterday that according their system my inquiry has been resolved and if I don't reply soon my ticket will be closed. To this I replied again and even wrote to my customer service representative again but I haven't heard back anything yet.

Come on Fiverr!! 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

55 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Have you shown that to CS in a support ticket (maybe you could show a screenshot of that message on the page that was giving info on why they are doing it) and if so what did CS say if they've messaged?

Yup, sure have. Currently as it stands nothing has changed but they have made it known that the cancellations affecting the score is a mistake to some extent. I made a post about it but didn't find out why it was happening.

Edited by dereck_s
  • Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3

My 5 star gig was completely removed from the search results.

Recommendation from the Fiverr suport is brilliant:

I need to promote my Fiverr gig on social media and get orders through that! 🤔

Isn't that Fiverr's job? Isn't that exactly what Favier collects its 20% for? 🙄

• Like 22
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3

9 minutes ago, stepanc said:

My 5 star gig was completely removed from the search results.

Recommendation from the Fiverr suport is brilliant:

I need to promote my Fiverr gig on social media and get orders through that! 🤔

Isn't that Fiverr's job? Isn't that exactly what Favier collects its 20% for? 🙄

So the 20% is for their service of using their platform. Promoting your gigs on the other hand is meant to be a feature to get you additional orders. I always hated seeing the post on social media stuff because in my case I can't promote on face book (as a digital good) and if I had a strong enough social media presence to generate revenue past what Fiverr can do then why would I send them to Fiverr and add a middleman.

Edited by dereck_s
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, dereck_s said:

Are these active accounts (seller/buyer) or new accounts that were created on purpose?

• Like 11

1 hour ago, dereck_s said:

Yup, sure have. Currently as it stands nothing has changed but they have made it known that the cancellations affecting the score is a mistake to some extent.

Just jumping in to say the same thing happened to me (not quite as many- yikes), and I pointed it out to CS as well and received basically the same answer. It's a known issue that they're working to fix. Check back with the March score. So, at least they're on the same page with this detail... hopefully.

• Like 11