Update: Addressing new level system questions and feedback

I'm a 10 years Freelancer on Fiverr, I really miss Fiverr 2 years ago and before versions, everything is great, and now its a messy page, the Fiverr team try to put huge non neccesary things, and day by day, they seem don't care about seller, just buyer.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, karlaofficial said:

Absolutely. It’s not an exaggeration to say this is affecting peoples mental health. This is many sellers livelihoods and a lot of people are completely confused and the proposed changes don’t make any sense and we are lacking full transparency. The little bit we have got just leads to more questions. 

It's been a very rough week, and it shouldn't have been. The worst part about it is it's all manufactured stress that doesn't need to be here.

• Like 10
  • Up 2

Fiverr staff!
Can someone please explain this to me? 
I have included screenshots of how the new level system affects my profile despite having impeccable scores.
I have been in touch with customer service and asked a series of questions about what can be done but there hasn't been a satisfactory and clear reply except quoting the same things as stated on your release page.
Please address these issues as they affect our livelihood. We put years into reaching a certain level and then you release a new evaluation system which brings it down to 0.

Screenshot 2024-02-14 190735.png

Screenshot 2024-02-14 190800.png

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Up 3

8 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

I am wondering that what does pausing or deleting a gig has to do with the revenue flow? What an illogical answer it is. :classic_huh:

I assume the idea is “if you pause a gig, you won’t get the orders you would’ve from that gig. So deleting it won’t help your score, and it will only help you lose on potential orders. So you should know best”. At least that’s what it reads like to me.

• Like 8
  • Up 2

1 minute ago, virgoca said:

I assume the idea is “if you pause a gig, you won’t get the orders you would’ve from that gig. So deleting it won’t help your score, and it will only help you lose on potential orders. So you should know best”. At least that’s what it reads like to me.

Well, we are gonna pause/delete only those gigs which rarely sells then it does not make any sense. Who will pause/delete those gigs which sells the best? 

4 minutes ago, jesse_cl said:

Fiverr staff!
Can someone please explain this to me? 

No one is gonna help you with it as they are being unresponsive these days. They are confused like us too that's why you won't be able to get a satisfied response from them. 

• Like 6
  • Up 3

4 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Well, we are gonna pause/delete only those gigs which rarely sells then it does not make any sense. Who will pause/delete those gigs which sells the best? 

No one is gonna help you with it as they are being unresponsive these days. They are confused like us too that's why you won't be able to get a satisfied response from them. 

Seeing how earlier today someone sent a screenshot of them basically telling us that if we have good selling gigs we should never take vacations or time off because we must keep selling selling selling, I don’t think they care much, even if it’s $1000 or $5, as long as it’s making some sort of profit, they are advising you to keep it up. Not gonna lie, these past couple days I’m starting to see Fiverr more like a small money grubbing goblin salivating and growling at anything that comes close to them…

Edited by virgoca
  • Like 9
  • Up 2

2 minutes ago, virgoca said:

Seeing how earlier today someone sent a screenshot of them basically telling us that if we have good selling gigs we should never take vacations or time off because we must keep selling selling selling, 

Yeah we should act like a Robot which can make lots of money without sleeping, eating, vacationing etc. :classic_ninja:

robot.jpg.02a85613bbc5496e3224b28e1eb6d5b9.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, virgoca said:

Not gonna lie, these past couple days I’m starting to see Fiverr more like a small money grubbing goblin salivating and growling at anything that comes close to them…

I popped that into ChatGPT. Here's what it gave me: 

image.png.ea1553171a3f2175dde9e4d5db07d409.png

love AI. And soon it'll be able to make videos that look realistic from prompts like this (Sora)!

(RIP video people)

EDIT: mediocre art follows

image.png.42e60850aa021329e5e7a39c289472d7.png

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 10
  • Haha 7

Just now, emmaki said:

I popped that into ChatGPT. Here's what it gave me: 

image.png.ea1553171a3f2175dde9e4d5db07d409.png

love AI. And soon it'll be able to make videos that look realistic from prompts like this (Sora)!

(RIP video people)

Huh… So Fiverr is Yoda’s cousin that abuses substances… this explains the erratic behavior, the talking backwards and in riddles and the “I know better than you” attitude. It’s all falling into place! 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Yup, I am done with this update. Apparently being the best isn't enough to be considered top crust anymore. Now we need to know a secret handshake too.

I'm not here to play games with Fiverr and jump through endless hoops. I came here to provide good quality services and that what I have done since I joined (TSR with 1500+ orders / 1200+ 5 stars / $100K+ sales / glowing reviews and not one negative review in 4 years).

Now I am gonna carry on doing my best and I'm not gonna give a single Fig about Fiverr's ridiculous rating system. There will always be people looking for good quality work, so if I get sent to page 15 in search results under the new rating system, I'll just start again somewhere else or grow my own separate business which still accounts for 70% of my income.

At the end of the day, I'm not gonna lose sleep over this or beg Fiverr to take my money. They don't want their cut, that's their prerogative.

My only request now is: where is MY private feedback form? Coz lord knows I have a thing or two to say about the quality of buyers you've sent my way over the years, and it's only fair that I too should be allowed to offer my input under the cover of anonimity. If buyers can do it, why shouldn't we sellers be allowed to share private feedback about lousy buyers, if anything, to save someone else from a potential headache?

If it's good for the goose...

Edited by graveyardshiftx
  • Like 17
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, katherinasim said:

also got two gigs with "--" score which showed 8 yesterday 🫣

It looks like they are fixing something.... Not exactly what needs to be fixed

I had one relatively inactive gig change to a -- from a score of 9. However, the gig with the Customer Support approved cancellations (which were supposed to have no impact on my rating AND that I contacted customer support about yesterday (with proof) to make sure) are still having a 'severe negative impact' on that gig's score. So... instead of doing what they said they would and fixing the cancellation issue, they left it and took away one of my other higher gig scores.

32 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Who will pause/delete those gigs which sells the best? 

Well, a year or two ago, I had to pause all my gigs because I had to have serious emergency surgery. Unfortunately, that didn't stop the orders I already had and I couldn't cancel them without buyer permission, so I actually had to do Fiverr work in the hospital.

There are many good reasons to pause a gig. We've always been 'punished' for doing so. Instead of just falling out of the 'rankings' for a while, now it appears it will affect our overall score.

ETA -- The confusion, conflicting information, and false claims of transparency are the real problems, I feel. If they'd just answer questions we would all have an actual chance to improve things. You'd think Fiverr would want that! They'd make more money, too.

Edited by melanielm
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, melanielm said:

Well, a year or two ago, I had to pause all my gigs because I had to have serious emergency surgery. 

Hope, you're well now. 🙂

1 minute ago, melanielm said:

There are many good reasons to pause a gig. We've always been 'punished' for doing so. Instead of just falling out of the 'rankings' for a while, now it appears it will affect our overall score.

Yes that's the point now. On the top of that, Level 2 Sellers will have a benefit of creating 10 gigs only (after 14th March 2024). So pausing/deleting gigs should not be measured in overall success scores. I was actually into learning new skills but it looks like that it will be a waste of time to do that for Fiverr. So will have to look for a new platform where I can showcase my new skills easily. Fiverr is making everything difficult for everyone.

• Like 7
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2024 at 5:31 PM, mariashtelle1 said:

I’m a shareholder and I’m selling my stock. I don’t believe in fiverr being a future of a freelance work. 

I agree.

I am also a major shareholder and selling my stock. Moreover, a friend owns a huge value in Fiverr stock and she is selling suddenly, definitely not to free up funds as she has several million to invest from the sale of a large UK law firm. I don't know what has prompted her decision as we haven't discussed this change but I wonder if this discontent has been in any magazines/news. I can't imagine why she would do it otherwise but I haven't asked; I have my own concerns to think about!

• Like 13
  • Up 1

14 minutes ago, anniejenkinson said:

Moreover, a friend owns a huge value in Fiverr stock and she is selling suddenly, definitely not to free up funds as she has several million to invest from the sale of a large UK law firm. I don't know what has prompted her decision as we haven't discussed this change but I wonder if this discontent has been in any magazines/news. I can't imagine why she would do it

Well, I can. Q4 Earnings report on the 22nd.

Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 19.55.18.png

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

I feel sorry for anyone who deleted gigs with positive reviews hoping it would bring down their score. We were outright lied to about this. I don't excuse staff being confused. This was a calculated move to remove lower-performing gigs to make room in the search.

• Like 11
  • Sad 3
  • Up 3

15 minutes ago, anniejenkinson said:

I agree.

I am also a major shareholder and selling my stock. Moreover, a friend owns a huge value in Fiverr stock and she is selling suddenly, definitely not to free up funds as she has several million to invest from the sale of a large UK law firm. I don't know what has prompted her decision as we haven't discussed this change but I wonder if this discontent has been in any magazines/news. I can't imagine why she would do it otherwise but I haven't asked; I have my own concerns to think about!

I've been keeping an eye on Google News and there's not much - mostly articles from sites like Motley Fool ahead of the Q4 results at some point tomorrow. Someone did post a link to a blog that had an article about this earlier though (maybe 12 hours ago?). 

And as VS pointed out, the war probably isn't helping either. Although that is largely absent from GNews reports....

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, emmaki said:

And as VS pointed out, the war probably isn't helping either. Although that is largely absent from GNews reports....

I mean, could be priced in, I guess. Do you feel lucky? In any case, nobody knows what the stock market will do in the short term, and I highly doubt anyone here is a "major" shareholder. I certainly hope they aren't, otherwise the SEC may be interested if they're going around influencing other people's opinion on buying or selling the stock, that's dangerously close to stock manipulation.

*none of the above is financial advice, I have no idea what I'm saying, thank you*

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

Im my case, "---" is now shown for gigs with orders canceled by CS, and for gigs with a lot of conflicts (time extensions) 😄.  

In my case, it's shown for a gig that nobody bought for a while.

• Like 8