Your account has been flagged for a severe violation of Fiverr policies As a result, you are not able to participate in the level system.

markenbuilder

Question

@Kesha @Lyndsey_Fiverr On asking about my TOP RATED ELIGIBLE FLAGGED ACCOUNT " DUE TO LOCATION INCONSISTENCY", the CS has replied me with: (attached is the SS)

"Your account was flagged for being connected to another account that was disabled due to a violation of our policies."

Now, can someone tell me was my account connected with another disabled account since day 1 or It got connections after the UPDATE came?

I have worked on Fiverr for 3 year now, I know the TOS, A TRS Eligibility, How on earth is that possible???

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 1.03.10 AM.png

• Like 17
  • Up 7

If it was a bug fiverr supprot team would have said so, the proof that we all go the same response is that this isn't a bug and every account that has in the past received any violation against the TOS is now flagged in my humble opinion.

• Like 14
  • Up 2

Fiverr team in yesterday's webinar acknowledged that some accounts was wrongly flagged and they are sorry about it and they are working to fix this issue. Moreover, again asked the sellers to contact customer support if they believe their accounts were flagged wrong. 

Is this the way such a big company operates?? Flagging thousands of account and then asking them to contact support so they can give copy-paste responses?

The fact that they acknowledged this oversight along with canceled orders oversight tells one thing 
Fiverr is not reliable and not transparent as well.....
They cannot even tell exact reason why it got flagged and what proof they have...

There is no procedure for complaining and escalating the matter apart from support which is definitely outsourced and the support staff comes there and sends one message and leaves and then for another reply there will be another person and leave one message.

One thing is for sure Fiverr is not a reliable place to build business and doesn't care about its sellers.

• Like 11
  • Up 5

On 3/6/2024 at 11:28 PM, inzamamabbasi said:

Same thing happened to me; they issued an old warning. According to Fiverr's policy, warnings should be cleared after 90 days.

Share your issues with ticket no here on tweet. They are not replying anywhere 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, kamarpro_studio said:

I want to make new account, but can I?

No, that would be against Fiverr's ToS, so both accounts would be permanently suspended.

The current situation isn't ideal either because your existing account is permanently un-leveled, so you will never have access to features that the leveled sellers get unless you can prove that you haven't violated Fiverr's ToS. This is really difficult because Fiverr gives vague details on why accounts are flagged and Fiverr support either closes tickets created by these sellers (or gives templated, AI responses). It doesn't look like these flagged accounts are actually being looked at. The manual review might be an AI-generated report summarizing why the account was flagged.

If you depended on Fiverr as your main source of income, you should probably start looking for other sources of income. You might have orders from Fiverr but it won't be as much as you've had in the past. I know this isn't the answer you want to hear, but I don't see Fiverr giving much feedback or support to sellers whose accounts have been flagged for violating Fiverr's ToS.

• Like 6

Guest nrajuud

I came across a message on my dashboard today, apparently from   @fiverr_admin, mentioning location inconsistency issues. I want to clarify that I reside in India and haven't traveled outside the country. While I have traveled between cities within India, which is quite common given the vastness of our nation, it shouldn't be a cause for concern.  

I have connections and commitments in different parts of the country, including family, friends, and my college, which is far from my hometown. Implementing such rigid rules without considering these factors seems unreasonable. It's crucial for platforms like Fiverr to provide clear warnings and explanations for any policy changes.  I'm disappointed with this decision and strongly oppose it.

I urge my fellow freelancers to join me in raising our voices against this decision.

I just found out about my account being flagged for no reason right now, and I almost freaked out. It seems to be general stuff, I had to delete one of my gigs as new sellers are only entitled to 4 gigs no but it's still there

• Like 19
  • Up 1

I'm also facing the same issue, I'm on level 2 but now its showing " Your account has been flagged for a severe violation of Fiverr policies As a result, you are not able to participate in the level system. "  I have crossed the TOP RATED Seller requirement and waiting for the badge but what i received is unacceptable 

• Like 23
  • Up 1

Same issue with one of my friend. 
That is really absurd that so many sellers have received this account flagged and they don't have any details about it. 
What is this location inconsistency means @Kesha
Can you please clarify on this issue. 

My friend travelled frequently inter cities in the same country. So we are not supposed to move around ?
If that is the case it is highly against the nomad lifestyle which alot of freelancers adopt and it is one of the pros being freelancer that you can work and travel.

• Like 23
  • Up 2

Just now, msw_77 said:

My friend travelled frequently inter cities in the same country. So we are not supposed to move around ?
If that is the case it is highly against the nomad lifestyle which alot of freelancers adopt and it is one of the pros being freelancer that you can work and travel.

I'm wondering if users who may temporarily share the same internet with family/friends/coworkers/public wifi that is triggering this. This would happen for someone like your friend, who frequently travels. Fiverr is supposed to work for the digital nomad. I've worked in public libraries and airports before with no issues. I'm also curious to see what location inconsistency means.

• Like 17
  • Up 6

4 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I'm wondering if users who may temporarily share the same internet with family/friends/coworkers/public wifi that is triggering this. This would happen for someone like your friend, who frequently travels. Fiverr is supposed to work for the digital nomad. I've worked in public libraries and airports before with no issues. I'm also curious to see what location inconsistency means.

I work in cospace and visited few countries for a week trip. 

I asked the question everytime i'm leaving the country can I use my fiverr account in that country without any issue everytime I get response yes you can. 
And I also share the internet with alot of other companies like there are more than 50 60 people in my office. Not all are freelancers but many of them are. I never got any warning for this

The person I mentioned doesn't even work in cospace she works in home all the time and just travels to other cities within the Country that travel is also about once a month even. She didn't even get an email from fiverr. Only in the seller level dashboard it states you cannot participate in level system.

In our country mostly people visits their other family relatives in other cities to attend a wedding or something. 
I am shocked what is the actual case and scenario for making this account flagged. 

There are alot of people in this community stating same issues. 
I hope someone from fiverr clarifies this issue and tells exactly what location inconsistency means

• Like 20
  • Up 5

I'm also facing the same issue, I'm on level 2 but now it's showing " Your account has been flagged for a severe violation of Fiverr policies As a result, you are not able to participate in the level system. " 

When I contact Fiverr Support - I got this reply - "  your account has been flagged due to location inconsistencies or other activities indicating a connection to violations of our Terms of Service. Consequently, your participation in Fiverr's level system is permanently restricted

• Like 19
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

@ana_tomy and @Lyndsey_Fiverr     Fiverr needs to redo that immediately. I for instance occasionally use a VPN for my privacy or work from a different place which even if this does hurt the TOS shouldn't be the case since you can verify the location and the account owner in a different way. I am German and I live in Germany - say I go to vaccination 2-3 times a year and work from there occasionally as well this would hurt TOS? Or like I said using a VPN with Servers in Fraknfurt Germany to protect my privacy? If Fiverr wants to check the location and registered country, checking for IP locations is about the worst thing one can do.

And besides, without disrespect the mail/ticket support of FIverr is really just flat-out bad. I get no answers other than copy and paste from the FAQ which does not help me since I am contacting Support. I can understand that Fiverr probably gets 10000s of messages per day but you can integrate a GPT-based chatbot with a deeper knowledge sheet than the FAQs or whatever. But once I offer HUMAN SUPPORT my case should be solved and this is never the case. Why have support then in the first place?

Edited by markenbuilder
  • Like 16
  • Up 5

Same issue here I just check and my account is flagged too IDK why i did nothing wrong nor i travelled anywhere I do have NORD VPN though which some time automatically connect it self when i start my computer or something and i don't sign out fiverr. Can that be the reason u guys have VPNs or access fiverr through it but this is so wrong this need to be fixed. How can we be out of new level system when we did nothing 

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3

Just now, abdullahhash94 said:

Same issue here I just check and my account is flagged too IDK why i did nothing wrong nor i travelled anywhere I do have NORD VPN though which some time automatically connect it self when i start my computer or something and i don't sign out fiverr. Can that be the reason u guys have VPNs or access fiverr through it but this is so wrong this need to be fixed. How can we be out of new level system when we did nothing 

Using a VPN for your privacy should not be a TOS violation whatsoever - this heavily works against the privacy interest of the sellers. Like I said one can easily check for the account owner's country location in a different way. 

• Like 12
  • Up 3

2 minutes ago, markenbuilder said:

@ana_tomy and @Lyndsey_Fiverr     Fiverr needs to redo that immediately. I for instance occasionally use a VPN for my privacy or work from a different place which even if this does hurt the TOS shouldn't be the case since you can verify the location and the account owner in a different way. I am German and I live in Germany - say I go to vaccination 2-3 times a year and work from there occasionally as well this would hurt TOS? Or like I said using a VPN with Servers in Fraknfurt Germany to protect my privacy? If Fiverr wants to check the location and registered country, checking for IP locations is about the worst thing one can do.

And besides, without disrespect the mail/ticket support of FIverr is really just flat-out bad. I get no answers other than copy and paste from the FAQ which does not help me since I am contacting Support. I can understand that Fiverr probably gets 10000s of messages per day but you can integrate a GPT-based chatbot with a deeper knowledge sheet than the FAQs or whatever. But once I offer HUMAN SUPPORT my case should be solved and this is never the case. Why have support then in the first place?

My guess is same some times My VPN (NORD) automatically connects and if i didn't knew i might when to Fiverr site to check but VPN is important and this need to fix seriously it will end of accounts 

• Like 16
  • Up 2