New scam attempt (sophisticated)

visualstudios

On 7/14/2024 at 8:09 PM, imagination7413 said:

Wow. That's... a LOT. Yikes and I don't blame you for a heel-face-turn. 

---

@Lena Another one for the blacklist. "verification"

I don't know what happened, but they started bugging me as well. 9-10 messages in 3 days (and those are the ones that weren't caught before I'd assume.)

I'd add

FIver (or fIverr), NotIfication and Heip Center (yes, with the I) to the list somehow if possible as well, @Lena. It seems like they are just changing a few letters (knowing that they might look the same in your inbox or similar.) For me, it's more annoying than anything else, but it's definitely an issue for other reasons 😞

• Like 1
  • Up 1

someone send me a message said i need to verify my account to accept order and send me a barcode,

i take a screen shoot, on the top right of the screenshot he/she provide barcode

i try to scan the barcode and see the link, it goes to fiverr.com234560.com (something like that) and i think it's a scam

as new comer, i would like to verify if this a scam?
do i still need to verify my self after i make a gig(s)? and where to? i can't find a notification that i'm need to do a verification

Screenshot 2024-07-16 145404 copy.png

Edited by defirm
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Lena said:

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Lena, I think Fiverr needs to create a Help file or something and then it should appear as a platform-wide message so everyone can see it, regarding this topic. Because it seems the number of scams is increasing more and more, so a statement coming from Fiverr would help a lot. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Lena, I think Fiverr needs to create a Help file or something and then it should appear as a platform-wide message so everyone can see it, regarding this topic. Because it seems the number of scams is increasing more and more, so a statement coming from Fiverr would help a lot. 

Hi @donnovan86 

I know. I suggested the same thing recently. I will bring it up again in our next meeting. We update the 'blacklist' nonstop but every day they think of something new. That is why it is important to tag me in these cases because I need to be in the loop. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2024 at 3:37 AM, katakatica said:

I don't know what happened, but they started bugging me as well. 9-10 messages in 3 days (and those are the ones that weren't caught before I'd assume.)

I'd add

FIver (or fIverr), NotIfication and Heip Center (yes, with the I) to the list somehow if possible as well, @Lena. It seems like they are just changing a few letters (knowing that they might look the same in your inbox or similar.) For me, it's more annoying than anything else, but it's definitely an issue for other reasons 😞

I know @katakatica they are getting more and more innovative. I am aware of everything. Don't let me get started on the spam here on the Forum. You wouldn't believe the variations they are able to think of. Added. Feel free to tag me anytime for this or any other issue. 

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Up 1

Hello @defirm 

Yes, it appears to be a scam. We are aware of the issue and are actively working to resolve it. Please report this user to our Customer Support immediately. Send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have.

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

It's really getting out and control and is making it harder to use the platform.

Makes me feel both uncomfortable and wondering whether my account is at risk.

I have to manually add them to spam as there is just so many.

Screenshot 2024-07-16 at 11.30.04.png

Screenshot 2024-07-16 at 11.30.01.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lena said:

Hello @defirm 

Yes, it appears to be a scam. We are aware of the issue and are actively working to resolve it. Please report this user to our Customer Support immediately. Send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have.

Thank you.

ty very much sir

• Like 2

Hi, I am new to fiverr, just create an account and received below message with a QR code and ask me to enter bank information. Is that necessary or a scam?

Attention! We have introduced a new verification procedure. Please follow all instructions. This process is mandatory for you, until it is successfully passed, the functionality available to you will be limited. Thank you for your assistance!

jess_0808.png?__cld_token__=exp=17211871
  • Like 3
  • Up 2

Hi @merchvortex, this is a clear scam, I highly recommend reading our Terms of Service. There you'll find info on how Fiverr works, along with an explained step-by-step order placement process. Providing credit card info and going outside the platform is against the rules, and it will only lead to warnings and restrictions. Adding a withdrawal method is the only option when payment info is needed, depending on your preferences. Please report this user to the CS team and they'll block them from the platform. Good luck 🍀

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ana_tomy said:

Hi @merchvortex, this is a clear scam, I highly recommend reading our Terms of Service. There you'll find info on how Fiverr works, along with an explained step-by-step order placement process. Providing credit card info and going outside the platform is against the rules, and it will only lead to warnings and restrictions. Adding a withdrawal method is the only option when payment info is needed, depending on your preferences. Please report this user to the CS team and they'll block them from the platform. Good luck 🍀

Thank you so much for your help since I am new here and found it strange I got an immediate customer from a weird email.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jess_0808 said:

Hi, I am new to fiverr, just create an account and received below message with a QR code and ask me to enter bank information. Is that necessary or a scam?

Attention! We have introduced a new verification procedure. Please follow all instructions. This process is mandatory for you, until it is successfully passed, the functionality available to you will be limited. Thank you for your assistance!

jess_0808.png?__cld_token__=exp=17211871

Receiving a lot of these messages now. Not sure why the 'detectors' cannot screen and block these messages. There is a consistency in how they are written so I would assume this would not be a challenge given how if certain key terms are used in a message a red warning appears.

• Like 2
  • Up 2

7 minutes ago, johnparsons01 said:

Receiving a lot of these messages now. Not sure why the 'detectors' cannot screen and block these messages. There is a consistency in how they are written so I would assume this would not be a challenge given how if certain key terms are used in a message a red warning appears.

Same here, I was sent about 10 of them in 3 days.

They are each a tiny bit different (at least the ones I got.) The links are the same but the text itself changes. I think that's likely why? They can filter them out but only if X words are in it. 

(Still, something needs to happen. It's getting really disruptive.) 

• Like 3
  • Up 2

51 minutes ago, katakatica said:

Same here, I was sent about 10 of them in 3 days.

They are each a tiny bit different (at least the ones I got.) The links are the same but the text itself changes. I think that's likely why? They can filter them out but only if X words are in it. 

(Still, something needs to happen. It's getting really disruptive.) 

....especially if they are clicking on a Promoted gig. We then get charged for the click

• Like 2
  • Up 1

27 minutes ago, johnparsons01 said:

....especially if they are clicking on a Promoted gig. We then get charged for the click

Yeah... They weren't tagged that for me, but I mysteriously spent half of what I'd spent in the month so far in the past three days... (that's a whole other 'rant' / thing though, I've noticed a pattern that's pretty odd but.. it could just feel that way due the page not updating all the time/etc.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

I keep receiving a message from a robot who always calls themselves "Alice" with a user name of id1810730289 and the numbers keep changing every hour. I've attached an image of what this looks like. I flagged it all as spam and I am wondering if anyone else is getting these messages as well? Or is my profile being targeted? 

Screenshot 2024-07-17 173851.png

40 minutes ago, alexmartinez663 said:

I flagged it all as spam and I am wondering if anyone else is getting these messages as well? Or is my profile being targeted? 

Hey Alex, there seems to be spam everywhere at the minute.   If the message came through the usual channels (Not automatically detected as spam) Send a quick message to say you've reported them (Just in case it affects your response rate)  then block them.  There is nothing more you need to do!  

• Up 3

2 minutes ago, breals said:

Hey Alex, there seems to be spam everywhere at the minute.   If the message came through the usual channels (Not automatically detected as spam) Send a quick message to say you've reported them (Just in case it affects your response rate)  then block them.  There is nothing more you need to do!  

Great trick. Will do. Thanks. 

• Like 1

You could contact customer support at the help desk about it too if you want to try to get them to stop new scam messages coming that follow the same pattern.

Maybe you're getting them if you've recently created and published multiple new gigs, so they're finding those and then sending scam messages (trying to make sellers think that the system of getting orders for people with new gigs has changed. Even though it's unlikely that scam will work with people who have had many orders).

Edited by uk1000
  • Up 1

26 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

You could contact customer support at the help desk about it too if you want to try to get them to stop new scam messages coming that follow the same pattern.

Maybe you're getting them if you've recently created and published multiple new gigs, so they're finding those and then sending scam messages (trying to make sellers think that the system of getting orders for people with new gigs has changed. Even though it's unlikely that scam will work with people who have had many orders).

Yup. 

It happened right after I created around 13 gigs. 

I recently leveled up so I took the opportunity to make a ton of gigs to expand impressions. Right after I did that, I started getting the spam messages. 

I messaged customer support numerous times. They, unfortunately, have no solution. They just recommend I report it each time. 

• Up 1