I am currently very depressed, I don't know what to do

mrubaid820

Question

I am currently very depressed, I don't know what to do. Some of my seniors are providing the same services on Fiverr, but they have been harassing me for the past few days. This is because my Fiverr gig is appearing on the first page and I am receiving orders and 5-star ratings, which has made them jealous. They are saying that I should give them 50 percent of whatever I earn and keep 50 percent for myself. If I don't do this, they threaten to report my Fiverr account together and create fake orders to give me negative ratings or cancel orders. I don't understand what to do, I am very worried about this matter. They don't know how hard I work, and what sacrifices I have made to get to this point. Can you please give me some good suggestions?

• Like 34
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 27
  • Up 1

13 hours ago, mrubaid820 said:

They are saying that I should give them 50 percent of whatever I earn and keep 50 percent for myself. If I don't do this, they threaten to report my Fiverr account together and create fake orders to give me negative ratings or cancel orders.

Show the conversations to the customer support team.

• Like 42
  • Up 11
  • Thanks 2

Like was suggested you could create a support ticket about it (with attachments showing what they wrote).

If you go to the top of any message from someone in the inbox (you could see if it's there on the order page too) it shows 3 dots on the right. Click those and it should have a "report" option. So you could report the individual messages. But if there's multiple of them it's probably best to create the support ticket.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, mrubaid820 said:

They work in my office, and they have verbally told me, 

You're a freelancer, an independent worker. You don't need an office. You don't need a boss, or "seniors". The idea is to be independent. Get away from all that asap.

• Like 23
  • Up 9

24 minutes ago, mrubaid820 said:

They work in my office, and they have verbally told me, I don't have any written evidence, that's why I am more worried

You could still talk to CS about it in case they do report your account and so they know what is happening/what could happen. Let them know who is doing it.

Isn't there someone in your office (boss/other superiors) that you can talk to about this to tell them what is happening? If they're threatening and saying you have to give half your earnings to them (and being serious about it) maybe you could speak to the police or some other advice place about it if there's no boss that you can speak to.

Hopefully Fiverr staff can advise you.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 23
  • Up 6

8 hours ago, mrubaid820 said:

They work in my office, and they have verbally told me, I don't have any written evidence, that's why I am more worried

Your office sounds like a group of freelancers who work together. They may be your seniors, but they are not your friends! If you have a laptop, you can work at home or access free wifi anywhere. 

And how do they know about your sales if you do not tell them? If you are telling them about your Fiverr success, then stop now. 

On 2/9/2024 at 10:59 AM, mrubaid820 said:

If I don't do this, they threaten to report my Fiverr account together and create fake orders to give me negative ratings or cancel orders.

Without evidence, CS cannot do anything to stop these "senior sellers" from doing what they threaten to do. However, if they act on any of their threats, you can contact CS to deal with them.  

• Like 22
  • Up 7

Hello @mrubaid820 

I am so very sorry you are being harassed. I can only imagine how you must feel. 

Unfortunately, if they are making such threats on Fiverr, there is nothing we can do. We need some kind of written evidence so that we can take steps against them. If you have the opportunity, please do not go to the office anymore. Go somewhere else for a few days at least. I know it is a difficult situation and I am afraid I would only repeat all the advice from above. If someone begins to threaten you in writing, please contact us immediately so that we can do something about it. 

• Like 31
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone, I want to take a moment to thank you all for your valuable suggestions and support. Your input was truly helpful in making my decision, and I am proud to say that I have resigned from my office job. I appreciate your time and effort in providing me with your suggestions, and I am excited about the new opportunities that lie ahead. Thank you all once again for your support. Your valuable time and support did not go unnoticed, and I deeply appreciate your input. Thank you all once again for your kindness and support.

Best regards.

• Like 23
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mrubaid820 said:

Hello everyone, I want to take a moment to thank you all for your valuable suggestions and support. Your input was truly helpful in making my decision, and I am proud to say that I have resigned from my office job. I appreciate your time and effort in providing me with your suggestions, and I am excited about the new opportunities that lie ahead. Thank you all once again for your support. Your valuable time and support did not go unnoticed, and I deeply appreciate your input. Thank you all once again for your kindness and support.

Best regards.

I was so sorry and sad to hear about what these shameful people were doing to you. This sounds like the best move, and you have got what it takes to succeed, so I wish you the absolute best in freelancing.

• Like 18
  • Up 1

I reckon they've helped you establish your account or probably helped you understand how to work on Fiverr otherwise I don't think they could have that much authority to ask for 50% of your income.

On 2/15/2024 at 4:55 PM, mrubaid820 said:

I am proud to say that I have resigned from my office job.

Great job resigning from there.

Work solo, seek help on the forum if needed and I think you can get far better guidance than those seniors of yours.

Best of luck!

• Like 14

I can't imagine what you must be going through. Apart from what you've been recommended so far, keep in mind - extortion is a real-life crime. Gear yourself with a GoPro, a whistle/alarm, and pepper spray if you have to, but don't hesitate to contact local authorities if this continues. Stay safe. 

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, mrubaid820 said:

Best regards.

More power to you. Shine onnn.... 🌟

• Like 12

4 hours ago, anniejenkinson said:

I was so sorry and sad to hear about what these shameful people were doing to you. This sounds like the best move, and you have got what it takes to succeed, so I wish you the absolute best in freelancing.

Your kindness has truly touched my heart. Thank you so much for your generosity. 😇

• Like 10

On 2/9/2024 at 11:59 PM, mrubaid820 said:

I am currently very depressed, I don't know what to do. Some of my seniors are providing the same services on Fiverr, but they have been harassing me for the past few days. This is because my Fiverr gig is appearing on the first page and I am receiving orders and 5-star ratings, which has made them jealous. They are saying that I should give them 50 percent of whatever I earn and keep 50 percent for myself. If I don't do this, they threaten to report my Fiverr account together and create fake orders to give me negative ratings or cancel orders. I don't understand what to do, I am very worried about this matter. They don't know how hard I work, and what sacrifices I have made to get to this point. Can you please give me some good suggestions?

so sad bro 

• Like 11

On 2/17/2024 at 6:45 AM, imamiopial said:

I reckon they've helped you establish your account or probably helped you understand how to work on Fiverr

No, they didn't provide any such help. It was just a graphic designing office where I was working as a junior graphic designer.

• Like 10

As a freelancer, you're an independent worker. You don't need an office or a boss; the whole idea is to be independent. It's essential to break away from all that as soon as possible. Additionally, please share your chat or concerns with customer support.

• Like 9

On 2/9/2024 at 11:29 PM, mrubaid820 said:

How did they contact you? I suppose via Fiverr chat. If yes then report to Fiverr immediately. Don't worry they will take of it. Thanks

• Like 7