Wow! 564 Five star reviews down to a 0.7 Rating - Thanks Fiverr

breals

Question

I know the aim is to have a reduction on 5 star reviews on the platform.   But a reduction from 5 stars to 0.7/5 is a bit harsh don't you think?  🙂

Come on Fiverr!  please iron out these bugs, this is affecting my business and my reputation.  @Kesha @Lena @milos_siena  Please can you advise guys? is there an issue at the minute? and how long is it going to take to fix?  

Annoyed is an understatement.  

Screenshot 2024-02-09 144032.png

Edited by breals
  • Like 14
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 13
  • Up 4

20 answers to this question

Hello @breals
I don't know if this will make you less concerned, but right now, I can see a 5.0 rating on your profile.
Luckily, this issue has a visual element, and you spotted it on time.
However, what if a similar issue occurred with a "hidden" element, like the ranking algorithm, which we can't visually see but only "perceive" that something is behaving differently?
I hope everything is fine for everyone now.
Bye!

Edited by edc_lab
  • Like 14
  • Up 2

This is the perfect reason why you need to be vigilant about checking your stats and overall account. I check at least 10 times a day! I have spotted things and when brought to Fiverr’s attention, they swiftly take care of it. 

Thank you @breals for adding your scare to the forum! My heart would fall right out of my chest if I saw that!! I appreciate that you told us your situation because if I see this on other gigs or my own, I will report it ASAP!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Ahahah, 0.7. That's literally impossible, since the system only allows ratings from 1-5. No quality control whatsoever. As for the "this is a bug, don't worry", that does very little when that bug affects the business directly. It can mean less sales, and therefore less earnings. Doesn't matter if it's a mistake, it shouldn't happen.

• Like 14

14 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Ahahah, 0.7. That's literally impossible, since the system only allows ratings from 1-5. No quality control whatsoever. As for the "this is a bug, don't worry", that does very little when that bug affects the business directly. It can mean less sales, and therefore less earnings. Doesn't matter if it's a mistake, it shouldn't happen.

Hello @visualstudios 

Issues happen in all lines of work as I am sure you know. We understand that it is affecting businesses, and that is why we are working quickly to get it resolved and return everything to its original state. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

It happened before. Me and many other people had a 3.3 rating on their gig, and it was fully random. There was another person stating they encountered this error yesterday, but with a different rating. Anyway, these issues get solved within a few hours. If you see them, just go to customer support.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

Surely it is very unprofessional to mess around with sellers' livelihoods like this?

Would not a staged approach have helped? Especially with apparent major changes.

This messing around and uncertainty has me - as a new seller - adopting a wait-and-see attitude until the dust settles. Very concerning.  

• Like 3

On 2/9/2024 at 3:45 PM, breals said:

I know the aim is to have a reduction on 5 star reviews on the platform.   But a reduction from 5 stars to 0.7/5 is a bit harsh don't you think?  🙂

I had a similar issue happen to me, it basically killed my business for months now with no compensation, been only working with repeat clients.
Did you notice a drop in sales after this?

• Like 2