Gigs are eligible for promotion throught fiverr's promoted gigs feature but none of them appear on search results

paschalisblack

Question

After a long time, my gigs are eligible for promotion throught fiverr's promoted gigs feature again. However, none of then appear anywhere on search results.

Let's take a look on my situation as well as some fiverr facts:

My gigs are tottally vanished from fiverr's search results the last 3-4 years. Every time I tried to contact fiverr support I receive the same automated answer: 

"Thank you for reaching out about your Gig,

Gigs on Fiverr shift their position daily and we cannot guarantee search positions and impressions.

Gigs may also be removed from our Search feature due to poor performance.

You can continue working with your existing buyers.

We are here if you have additional questions."

This is an answer I received litteraly dozens of times. Let's accept the fact that my gigs lack some quality metrics "which they never discuss further like it's a government secret. 

Let's accept the fact that even all my statistics are 100%, my rating is 4,9/5 stars, my respnosne time is 1 hour, I am a level 2 seller etc. Let's agree that none of these matter and for some reason my gigs shouldn't appear on search results.

Now, let's take a look on another fiverr fact:

Gigs that have quality issues are not eligible for promotion throught fiverr's promoted gigs feature. This is a fact. 

Now, at these moment my gigs are are eligible for promotion throught fiverr's promoted gigs feature. This is another fact. 

That being said, my gigs are qualified enough for being advertised on fiverr's search results. THAT BEING SAID, they can't suffer from poor quality performance, because if they would, then they wouldn't be qualified for promoted gigs. 

Do we agree so far?

Well, then how is it possible that none of my gigs, appear on search results? And I mean nowhere. Even if I search it them with their exact title (or part of their title) and choose as a filter "sellers who live in my country". 

So, I'm wondering, what is the point of promoted gigs in that case? 

Am I crazy? Is it a system errror? Is it something else? 

• Like 2

3 answers to this question

9 hours ago, paschalisblack said:

how is it possible that none of my gigs, appear on search results?

all my statistics are 100%, my rating is 4,9/5 stars, my respnosne time is 1 hour, I am a level 2 seller

This is because there is no way that Fiverr can include the gigs of ALL sellers who have perfect stats on the search page. There isn't enough space.

my gigs are are eligible for promotion throught fiverr's promoted gigs feature

THAT BEING SAID, they can't suffer from poor quality performance

You forget that it isn't just your performance that Fiverr looks at when determining which gigs to show via the Promoted Gigs feature. You are paying to bid, but you may be outbid by other sellers who are doing better than you in terms of the other quality metrics that the automated matching system is based on (i.e., the hidden quality metrics based on delivery quality and appearance quality). These two quality metrics make up a unique Gig Match score for each seller (also unknown to sellers, but mentioned in the Help Center).

While many sellers may have the Promoted Gig feature (e.g., perfect stats), some will have a better chance of outbidding their competition, based on their Gig Match score. These gigs will have the "Recommended" label:

image.png.91b20eddceffc2ef686714ce47468967.png

image.png.5b9ce39154aebc6b9ee2ee476b9696cc.png

If you have the recommended label on your gigs, go ahead and promote your gigs. You have a great shot at outbidding the competition. 

So, I'm wondering, what is the point of promoted gigs in that case? 

I've wondered about this as well. It seems most of the benefits go to sellers who are already getting good exposure through organic searches and briefs (not to sellers who need the exposure). However,  this means Promoted Gigs is an indicator of seller quality compared to your competition, so it is good to keep tabs of your eligibility to Promoted Gigs and if you have the "Recommended" tag on your gigs.

• Like 1

Did you fix this??

I've been having the same issue I've had thousands of sales, good reviews, my gigs are eligible for promotion and NONE of my gigs are showing on search results... I'm actually promoting it right now and I get no clicks because my gigs are HIDDEN ;(

Customer support won't help me they only say some gigs are removed from search results and it's something they cannot do manually... so yeah, this sucks... I can't get sales

• Like 1

For older gigs, it may be a glitch or hidden review. You can try searching through 1-20 pages to confirm.

When you posting a new gig, the doesn't show in the search result if the filter is set to relevant. You can try setting it to new seller. Also check if the SEO for the corresponding gig is done correctly.

Edited by shariul44
Added more answers
  • Like 1