New Review Update Issues

shishir50

Question

With Fiverr's recent review update, there seems to be some confusion among sellers. All reviews are now consistently appearing as 4.5/4.7. The current review system setup has led to a situation where many buyers are overlooking these ratings, causing a decline in our overall rating. If this trend persists, it may pose challenges for us in conducting business on Fiverr. What are your thoughts on this matter?

• Like 4

3 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, shishir50 said:

With Fiverr's recent review update, there seems to be some confusion among sellers. All reviews are now consistently appearing as 4.5/4.7. The current review system setup has led to a situation where many buyers are overlooking these ratings, causing a decline in our overall rating. If this trend persists, it may pose challenges for us in conducting business on Fiverr. What are your thoughts on this matter?

Multiple topics are going around on the forum including the announcement post in Fiverr News section, about the new review system.

Do search and read them, it will provide you broader perspective about the system, from the point of view of many sellers. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1

56 minutes ago, shishir50 said:

If this trend persists, it may pose challenges for us in conducting business on Fiverr.

As Fiverr said, they want excellent work to shine. The solution is to not have everyone level 2, with 5 stars. Which tends to be the case for most active sellers on the platform. I get it, we are all perfectionists and we want the best possible ratings. But the truth is that it won't always happen. I understand the reason for these changes, and while I agree with some, I also dislike a few as well. Yet it's not my platform, I just work here, and I will adapt to these changes.

Also, some people might actually want to give you 4 stars in some areas. 

• Like 3