Top seller to be :-)

olivier131313

I wanted to share my Fiverr experience and statistics with you.

To date, I have completed 154 orders, ranging from as little as $5 when I initially started to as much as $350. Reflecting on my journey, I am considering adjusting my pricing as I now charge $15 for a basic gig.

All my ratings have been consistently 5 stars, except for one inexplicable instance where I received a 4.5-star rating. Despite encountering a few rude clients, I've maintained a calm and professional demeanor, choosing to ignore negativity. Dealing with two significant scams prompted me to reach out to Customer Service, turning a challenging situation into a positive experience.

I prioritize treating my customers like royalty, ensuring fast and professional delivery. I provide multiple takes for them -at no extra cost- to choose from, and in the rare case of a real problem (which has been infrequent), I offer a free re-delivery. Striving for total satisfaction is my goal, acknowledging that the Voiceover business may make achieving this somewhat easier.

I've cultivated a base of loyal returning clients from my early days, and while I could increase my rates now with them, I prefer to honor my initial promise. These clients have played a crucial role in my journey to becoming a top-rated seller. However, for future clients, I'm uncertain if raising my prices will make a significant difference in the future.

Over time, I've observed that each time I update my gig—even for minor text details—I experience a -pretty significant- decline in visibility. While I don't consider myself highly visible, I recognize that I'm not alone in this competitive industry, so we may need to share visibility, I see no other option 🙂 

I have a desire to collaborate with fellow professionals, especially in projects involving multiple languages. It would be beneficial if Fiverr could facilitate such partnerships, allowing individuals to accept offers collectively and share revenues. One colleague would record English, another one German, and I could do the French for exemple.

On a lighter note, some clients have mistaken my work for AI-generated content. In one instance, an explainer audio I provided was rejected on a platform, falsely identified as AI. To counter this perception, when it comes to suspicions, I now deliver both the clean and unedited versions of the file, allowing clients to hear the human touch of my work (AI don't breath).

In summary, my Fiverr experience has been overwhelmingly positive, thanks to fantastic customers. Whether I should increase my prices upon reaching top-seller status remains uncertain. I'd appreciate any insights or suggestions you might have.

https://fr.fiverr.com/s/AXkygB

• Like 9

Congrats for your success man. 

From my experience, I will say that after being a TRS for around 4 years, it's just a level that you can easily lose if you're sick, or if things don't go your way in a month. Because just like level 2 sellers, you have to stick to a very specific rating, especially with the new review system and level updates. If you fall under a 4.7 average, you lose the TRS level, and I can tell you for a fact that it's very difficult to get it back if you lost it, if not impossible in most cases. 

Also, you can obtain almost the same TRS benefits if you are a Seller Plus member. That means faster support reply times when possible, along with a 7-day clearance for your funds. So what you're fighting for is a badge, basically, if you want to be a TRS. 

My advice: Focus on delivering the best work to your clients. Try to talk about projects beforehand, so you know what every project entails, and you can avoid unnecessary cancellations or unhappy customers. Also, focus on the important things, like delivering on time, trying to not cancel stuff, and of course, doing the best customer support you can. 

• Like 9
  • Up 2

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Hi colleagues !

I was due to become a top seller on 14th Feb. It happens that I met all criteria. Then the new rules were introduced, I had to wait until 14th March to be promoted 🙂

Today, on 15th March, no promotion. Level 2 it is. I'm not in the rush, but I was casually wondering if anyone knows what is going on?

Other than that, I hope you all are doing great!

Capture d’écran 2024-03-15 à 20.34.19.png

Edited by olivier131313
  • Like 5

• olivier131313 changed the title to What is the new 14 March ?
2 hours ago, olivier131313 said:

Hi colleagues !

I was due to become a top seller on 14th Feb. It happens that I met all criteria. Then the new rules were introduced, I had to wait until 14th March to be promoted 🙂

Today, on 15th March, no promotion. Level 2 it is. I'm not in the rush, but I was casually wondering if anyone knows what is going on?

No one is promoted to TOP RATED automatically just by meeting the criteria. It's a manual process, see blow help center article for your reference:
https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/15140188560913-Top-Rated

Edited by navid_zafar
  • Like 6
  • Up 1

9 hours ago, olivier131313 said:

Today, on 15th March, no promotion.

There's no monthly evaluation anymore. That's the thing.  Now if you fall under the treshold, you have 30 days to recover.

As for becoming a TRS.. it's manual and only Fiverr's team can pick you. Also if you were not picked, they will re-evaluate in 6 months. So basically you now have 2 chances a year to become a TRS. 1 every 6 months.

• Like 4
  • Up 6

16 hours ago, olivier131313 said:

Hi colleagues !

The updated version of the app has a little note in the level area stating you qualify but manual selection is done based on need within specific categories, and that list gets updated regularly. So, basically, you and I have gigs in categories that Fiverr is not looking to add more Top Rated sellers to.

• Like 3
  • Up 4