The order cancellation system needs improvements. 

Order cancellations don't always signal a mistake on the freelancer's end. It could be on the buyer's end. 

Three days ago, someone placed an order on my gig related to book design. The buyer purchased a premium package of 160 USD to design a layout for 32 pages. 

After discussion, I realized... 

1. The buyer attached fake files. 

2. In actuality, the buyer wants three jobs: (i) content writing, (2) translation, and (3) layout design for 100 pages (approximately). 

It is nearly five times as much work as he/she paid for. I denied working on this price. The next day, the buyer requested to cancel the order. 

This cancellation affected my order completion score, even though it was not my mistake. image.png.cd1b99597312c0286c51217d8c08b042.png

Perhaps my choice of words is not appropriate, but that is simply how I perceive the situation. In my opinion, this system could exploit freelancers by giving buyers the power to force them to work more for less pay.

The order cancellation system needs improvements. 

• Like 9

Raise a ticket with the support team, explain in detail with screenshots and they will help you fix the stats. 

Such instances happen once in a while and support team is often helpful with rectification of stats. 

• Like 12

35 minutes ago, yousufjamal80 said:

This cancellation affected my order completion score, even though it was not my mistake. image.png.cd1b99597312c0286c51217d8c08b042.png

Starting with February 14th, the order completion rate won't matter anymore. They are changing the leveling system. So yeah, you should be fine.

Did they purchase directly without contacting you?

• Like 5
  • Congrats! 1

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

Starting with February 14th, the order completion rate won't matter anymore.

Unfortunately, that's not the case. 

Both the order completion rate and the delivery-on-time will be integrated into the success score. 

As soon as you cancel an order or have a late delivery, your success score will be affected. 

The main difference is that it will be calculated for each gig separately while affecting the entire account as it was before. 

Fiverr won't be Fiverr after allowing sellers to cancel orders and deliver them late 😁

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 6
  • Up 3

You're not demoted because of this specifically. We don't know exactly what's in the success score yet. I can assume you are right. But cancellations won't be the problem, I think the main issue will be things that are now in the background which will be brought to the surface. You saw what shockwaves that value for money brought, I can only imagine what we will be dealing with in 2 weeks. We'll have to wait and see. 

What I meant is that you don't have a monthly evaluation anymore. So even if you cancel 1-2 orders, it shouldn't be as bad, because you still have a month to recover and other metrics are a part of the success score too. How bad it is, we will see. 

Regarding the OP, clearly they need Seller Plus and request to order. At a higher pricepoint, you want to talk with the client first and ensure that you are on the same page before they place the order. They can also go to customer support to ask them if they can adjust the completion rate because they did nothing wrong. 

However, that's also why I asked if they talked with the buyer beforehand. If they talked with the buyer beforehand and they agreed without seeing the entire task... that's an error on their side. If the order was forced upon the seller, obviously they should help. 

1 hour ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

Fiverr won't be Fiverr after allowing sellers to cancel orders and deliver them late 😁

Of course they won't. What I meant is this will not lead to demotion because it's a part of a new metric, and not its own metric. Obviously it still has some effect. But as I said, if the seller agreed to the work and talked with the buyer beforehand, there's nothing he can do. That's why I always ask for the document/entire brief before any order is placed. If the order was placed directly and without consent, the seller can go to CS and ask for the cancellation to be ignored by the system, because it was forced. 

I had someone place an order for promoting a website where they were selling fake IDs. I canceled right away and went to Fiverr CS to have the cancellation removed from my stats. It's situational, but in general CS always helps with these problems. 

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 6