Could this be a scam? Did I respond correctly?

zeeshan9445

Question

Hi All,

Today, I received a message in my inbox.

"Hey Waqas Iqbal, can you help me with your skills? Now we are working on an MVP version of NFT marketplace project. My previous developer can't work on this project anymore due to some reasons. So, I am going to hire another developer for our project. In order to accomplish this, I should use LinkedIn. Can you allow me to use your LinkedIn account for $50?"

And here is my Response:

Hi                , Sorry but i cannot share my personal information. Thanks, Waqas

I'm trying to figure out if the message I received is some sort of scam. I'm quite confused about its nature – what kind of scam could it be? I'm also uncertain about how I responded; did I reply correctly, or should I have responded differently?

Could you please advise me on this matter?

• Like 3

3 answers to this question

The scam is the user wanting to use your LinkedIn account, which could be for ID fraud or for trying to get into other systems through that as well as the user could do anything as you, including change the password and lock you out of it. Maybe they'd try to automatically log into other accounts of yours through the LinkedIn.

Obviously don't allow them, and all contact has to be on Fiverr.

• Like 4

NFT and cryptocurrency ads have been blocked by social media sites. Some buyers are searching for account purchases.

On Fiverr, you will come across these buyer if your niche is in digital marketing.

• Like 3