Promoted gigs click SCAM

jmigueln

Question

Is anyone else experiencing fake buyers or new users clicking on ads to offer TO WORK for you? I also suspect competitors are clicking on ads to deplete our daily budget... The statistics are not normal at all. I start the day with 30+ clicks on some gigs with no interaction.

I've been reporting this issue to customer support and reporting all the accounts doing this practice. Unfortunately, I haven't seen Fiverr provide a solution for this problem yet.

• Like 4

1 answer to this question

Hi @jmigueln,

I'm the Product Manager of Promoted Gigs at Fiverr's headquarters. 

We have several measures in place to protect sellers, in line with industry standards. For example, sellers are less likely to see ads from their direct competitors in the marketplace. In addition, our smart algorithm sets the bid on your behalf while taking into consideration how likely is the user to place an order. Furthermore, as mentioned in our Help Center article, if a potential buyer clicks on your ad multiple times, it will only be counted as one click, while there is a limit to the number of chargeable clicks a user can generate. Regarding users who offer to work with you, I suggest reporting the message in the inbox if you find it irrelevant. 

Regards,

Tom

• Like 4