"Value for money" in new review system is flawed

talogmd

I've seen a couple of people express their concerns about this over the last few days, and I finally understand why.

For context: I offer copywriting for a very specific niche, and I charge much less than most of my main competitors. I constantly get glowing reviews as I go above and beyond for clients. I just got an overwhelmingly positive review from a fantastic client, whom I gave several extras to for free. The client was very satisfied with the delivery but marked "value for money" at 4 stars. 

This bumped what would usually be a 5-star review down to 4.7 stars. 

This new "value for money" metric is so subjective that it simply does not contribute anything of value to the review system.

I'm a 4-star in value for money compared to who? Other sellers doing a similar job and charging almost 3x the price? The going market rate for a senior copywriter in my niche that is up to 4x what I charge?

Clients want to pay less. Their perception of value for money is extremely subjective and quite frankly irrelevant once they pay for the service and qualify the delivered work as 5-stars in all other aspects. 

I'm honestly disappointed with how the Fiverr team often rolls out these changes without the necessary nuance and community feedback.

Anyone else got any thoughts on this? Would love to hear from other sellers.

• Like 23
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 2

Sorry, but Fiverr just doesn't care about your experience as a seller and they want your ratings to fall which is why they chose that metric. They literally WANT you to get worse ratings. There's no other explanation.

• Like 26

16 minutes ago, levinewman said:

Sorry, but Fiverr just doesn't care about your experience as a seller and they want your ratings to fall which is why they chose that metric. They literally WANT you to get worse ratings. There's no other explanation.

I'd love to get 1 star reviews while still maintaining TRS and having more and more sales 😄 but I assume that's not the case... oh well 

• Like 15

I understand the fears some sellers have from the new rating system, however it's for more honest reviews because people were leaving 5-stars out of pity for sellers who did not necessarily deserve 5-stars (some sellers are truly unqualified to deliver what they are advertising). There are countless buyers who feel sympathetic and will give them a pity-review/rating, but how does that help the serious buyers who are looking for a professional to do a task when we rely solely on good a review? A new buyer coming in would have no idea what their in store for and then gets screwed thinking the seller was supposed to be good. Now, the buyer is out their money and time. 

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, pinksamuraiii said:

Now, the buyer is out their money and time. 

Yes and they were already leaving less than 5 star reviews privately. All these value for money scores show what people have already been scoring us privately. No wonder we were pushed back in search sometimes even if we had only 5 stars publicly. The new leveling system is shedding some light too, since it will show our current score, which gives an idea of how you rank, more or less.

• Like 15
  • Up 2

Hi @talogmd! Thanks for sharing your recent experience.  We have conducted comprehensive analysis and testing to create a rating system that truly captures your performance and client satisfaction. The introduction of Value for Money into your public rating is based on a sophisticated and tested algorithm and is a step towards a deeper and more meaningful evaluation system. However, we also understand the need for continuous improvement and we will closely monitor the effects of the new system, making adjustments based on concrete data and your valuable feedback.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1