If I need to send multiple audio files in one delivery, how do I know which one gets showcased for my live portfolio?

jejopads

Question

I'm delivering vocal tracks/stems to my customer but I'd also like to have the full song be shown in my portfolio rather than just acapellas. Is that possible? I'm thinking of uploading the song along with the zip file of the vocal stems so only the full song gets showcased but please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong! 

Thanks!

• Like 6

4 answers to this question

You're right 👍 However, if the customer doesn't allow it to be shared on our gig portfolio (while accepting the delivery), we need to ask for permission for sharing it. 

I'm working on the Music Business category as well, as a session musician (trombone, trumpet, brass recordings), and I also send the final delivery inside a .zip folder, plus an extra file ready to shine on the gig portfolio ^^

Tip: Instead of sending just an audio track as Portfolio Sample, I like to create a video file with that audio and a nice image. This way, when the client accepts it to be shown on your page, the gig portfolio will maintain your unique flavour and professional taste 😁✌️

• Like 7
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, jejopads said:

how long do these get uploaded into my portfolio?

The customer needs to accept the delivery, to write a review, and to check "show the delivered work on my review". At the end of this chain, if we write the review as well, it will show as soon as we send it, or after a few days (if we don't). However, if the buyer doesn't write a review or unchecks the portfolio sample option, nothing will be added to our gig portfolio and we are not allowed to share any audio files without permission.

2 hours ago, jejopads said:

should give my customer a heads-up at this point?

Well, if I didn't receive any updates after I've delivered the files (it depends on different things, could be after a few days or a few hours), I would probably write a follow up to let the buyer know that I'm still available, and that can take all the time needed to review the delivered files. I don't suggest to send a notification just for "having a review".

Tip: we can use YouTube links on our gig pages. If you don't have enough portfolio samples to share directly on Fiverr, select any songs (on YouTube) that showcase your talent and service, even if it's not released by you but it's related to you and to your gigs, and add that link where a potential buyer will see it. This way you've nothing to be worried, you're just sharing it. I've done this through all my gigs, with different YouTube playlists for each macro genre, and I maintain updated the playlists, adding songs as soon as a new release with me on the trombone is released.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

Thank you for answering my question! I hope you don't mind a follow-up question but how long do these get uploaded into my portfolio? Mine hasn't been showing for about 8 hrs now so I'm just wondering if it's normal or I should give my customer a heads-up at this point? 🙂

That is actually a really nice advice! As someone who loves partnering music with an aesthetic or mental image, that idea would be lovely. 

• Like 7