Scam contact

peyvand9

Question

All dears, there is some scam client, they will send you messages and they are asking, we have many more jobs and we are hiring !!!

100% they are scams, they will tell you please see my pdf file and when you open the file you will see their telegram ID, to start the conversation with you about their plan.
most of them talking about Data entry or translation. this is the theme hook, for this job, some of them say you have to subscribe, and then start it means you have to pay money. Don't continue with and don't pay them. finally, they don't pay your salary and in this case, they just bring you out of Fiver without any safety payment and then you can't follow your salary.

if somebody contacts you stay in Fiver because here is safe and has organization. Fiver.

• Like 3

3 answers to this question

Definitely good advice. Sad to say that probably about half of contacts I receive in my inbox at this point are scams like this, although for me they are usually for product promotions or setting up accounts on various sites due to location restrictions. 

If it looks suspicious, just don't answer and flag the message as spam. Don't worry about your response rate being affected--if the sender is found to be in violation of the Fiverr TOS, they will be banned and your ratings won't be affected. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, nsallack said:

If it looks suspicious, just don't answer and flag the message as spam. Don't worry about your response rate being affected--if the sender is found to be in violation of the Fiverr TOS, they will be banned and your ratings won't be affected. 

My understanding is that we must answer even if it is spam. I always answer, then report the post and block. Otherwise, if we don't answer, our response rate is affected despite the message Fiverr gives out to the contrary. The only instance in which I have seen the response rate stay unaffected is when Fiverr blocks the person (bans them) before I get chance to respond.

• Like 2