Clients feedback with emoji

Clearly Fiverr does not WANT us to all have perfect five stars. In a real *valuable* rating system, it would not be normal for everyone to have hundreds of five star reviews. It makes it impossible for customers to tell one seller apart from the rest.

• Like 6

On 1/26/2024 at 8:43 PM, andywarburton said:

Clearly Fiverr does not WANT us to all have perfect five stars. In a real *valuable* rating system, it would not be normal for everyone to have hundreds of five star reviews. It makes it impossible for customers to tell one seller apart from the rest.

Yep, in real life and even other marketplaces.. 5 stars is a very very veeeery rare score. Even digital stores... just check Apple's Store or Google Play, few apps have 4.7-4.8 ratings, especially when they accumulate more than a few hundred-1000 reviews. But on Fiverr, most sellers with hundreds or thousands of reviews either have 4.9 or 5 stars. As a buyer, it's very hard to figure out which is the best seller for you, and that leads to more time wasted searching. Then you add Neo and filters, you end up spending half an hour or so finding a person, and you're still undecided who to hire. If you want to save time and have the knowledge, you are better off doing it yourself lol.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Yep, in real life and even other marketplaces.. 5 stars is a very very veeeery rare score. Even digital stores... just check Apple's Store or Google Play, few apps have 4.7-4.8 ratings, especially when they accumulate more than a few hundred-1000 reviews. But on Fiverr, most sellers with hundreds or thousands of reviews either have 4.9 or 5 stars. As a buyer, it's very hard to figure out which is the best seller for you, and that leads to more time wasted searching. Then you add Neo and filters, you end up spending half an hour or so finding a person, and you're still undecided who to hire. If you want to save time and have the knowledge, you are better off doing it yourself lol.

But having annoying, and very time consuming, emoji screens one after the other results not in more realistic ratings, just in silliness.   The rating system hasn't changed, it has just  become dreadfully bad for the buyer.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, will998 said:

But having annoying, and very time consuming, emoji screens one after the other results not in more realistic ratings, just in silliness.   The rating system hasn't changed, it has just  become dreadfully bad for the buyer.  

I don't remember who posted a few screenshots with pics from another company's review system, they also had emojis. It might be the popular thing now. Again, not a pro move in my book. 

But as I said, we are just selling here. We are not making the rules. I have 10 years on the platform and what I learned is that there will always be changes, the platform is not mine. And what we can do is to adapt to these changes.. Which is what I am trying to do, while also seeing the positives and moving on. I think if Fiverr wants to make changes to the review system, they already have feedback from people and know they dislike the value for money. But you can't deny its efficiency, if the focus is on lowering review scores, it's damn effective. 

• Like 5