Buyers ask me to go to telegram

dantebeatrix

Question

4 answers to this question

14 hours ago, dantebeatrix said:

Hello, 

I am new to posting Gigs Fiverr. I’ve noticed that potential buyers are asking me to go to Telegram to work with them. Is this normal? I’ve been responding that I like to keep everything on Fiverr.

Either this is a scam, or those who want to get their work done for free say this; it is better to report and block such people.

• Like 4

Sadly I have the same problem. But I also notice that Fiverr usually marks these messages as spam. I have been informed by friends on Fiverr that this is normal for new profiles. They have also assured me that after a while these spam messages will stop, and you will get real messages. In the meantime I respond to each message as if it is a real potential customer and emphasize that I only work through Fiverr. Wishing you success.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, zaidurrahaman93 said:

Be cautious if Fiverr buyers ask you to move your conversation to Telegram. While it's not inherently illegal or wrong, it often raises red flags for potential scams or attempts to circumvent Fiverr's terms of service. Here's why:

1. Bypassing Fiverr's Protections: Fiverr has built-in buyer and seller protections. Moving communication outside the platform removes these safeguards, leaving you vulnerable to fraud or non-payment.

Posting AI-generated content breaks Forum Rule # 4! 😱

Screenshot2023-01-14at11_10_28AM.png.0369ef61855f4d8e444fc0ccbbbc9d6c.png

• Like 5
  • Up 2