Optimize the Forum UI/UX

1 hour ago, imagination7413 said:

I don't like it. 

Previous version was better.

Actually, it's looking odd and sort of dull because of combination of black and dark green. The notifications which we get at the bottom when someone reacts are in the black box but with the white text (who reacted) and black text (thread name). My question is how can we read black text in the black box? :classic_huh:

Usually, it should be a light and dark combination but.. :classic_unsure:

• Like 19
  • Up 1

We Love the Update as always because it brings new things and new ideas but in my opinion, the current Theme seems very dim, and sometimes it's not even clear out, For example in the profile page font is not showing clearly, and looks so unmatchable to me! 

image.png.16e964991778a7d01726ef6a4aa49745.png

image.png.96884987e6623c01962162d1befc98fb.png

• Like 18
  • Up 4

This is frustrating to see random changes in the forum UI/UX over the last few months, with the latest one occurring today. Categories are hard to find, navigation is confusing, and there are color-blending visibility issues, notification popup problems, etc., all contributing to a negative impression of our daily forum usage experience.

A platform like Fiverr should pay more careful attention to optimization before the final release of any forum updates. I hope Fiverr will take a more serious approach to discuss and identify all the details about the required optimization and complete them soon.

After today's update, a simple example: the titles "posts, joined, last visited" optimization required to comply with contrast visibility standards.

image.png.54af86dd61935c8afadb2aa12071fffb.png

Personally, I don't feel comfortable with the current color combination, as it puts extra strain on the eyes.

• Like 17
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, mandyzines said:

The marketplace and the site's too bright of a white for me.

Totally agree, it almost feels like staring directly into the sun.😎

I just enquired on another thread if dark mode can be introduced for both sites. 😭

3 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Hii Kesha, one small suggestion - Our eyes are quite used to having dark mode enabled on most of the websites and even our laptops/phones or even Fiverr app has dark mode. Will dark mode get introduced for the main site and forum too sometime in the near future?? 

• Like 16

12 hours ago, kawsar_log said:

We Love the Update as always because it brings new things and new ideas but in my opinion, the current Theme seems very dim, and sometimes it's not even clear out, For example in the profile page font is not showing clearly, and looks so unmatchable to me! 

image.png.16e964991778a7d01726ef6a4aa49745.png

image.png.96884987e6623c01962162d1befc98fb.png

Did you Notice that the Notification text does not even show clearly? Fiverr needs to fix all UI/UX problems.

• Like 14

10 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

Totally agree, it almost feels like staring directly into the sun.😎

I just enquired on another thread if dark mode can be introduced for both sites. 😭

It's especially jarring when you've been browsing the other tabs that you have open (for me, at least 15) for a while then hop back on Fiverr.

• Like 13
  • Up 2

The previous main color was fresh and gave some fun-relaxed vibes, now it looks more like a serious environment like Customer Support.
So, let's assume they wanted to switch from a fun to a serious mood, what I notice are two different mistakes.

The first one, as pointed out by others, is oversight errors:
I don't want to believe they purposely placed dark green text on a black background.

The second one is accessibility errors:
If you go to the main forum page, and check the dark green tab of a section (i.e. "From the Community") you can see what I mean. On the right side, there is a chevron arrow with a lighter green. Well, their color contrast will not pass any accessibility test.
I know, designing UIs with a tone-on-tone style is beautiful, sites like Dribbble are full of amazing examples, but when it comes to a real product, accessibility must always be considered.

Also, based on what I read here, a day/night mode option would be very useful.
So my suggestion here is to list all the oversight errors and fix them all, and then look at the color contrast ratio and improve it.

These are my two cents, bye! :classic_smile:

Edited by edc_lab
  • Like 11
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/27/2024 at 2:13 AM, webcut said:

@Kesha A small thing to share- In our community profile page, the reputation score is not updating. It's happening for last few months. Is there any solution for it?

Hi! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Let me look into it and see why that could be. 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Kesha said:

Hi! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Let me look into it and see why that could be. 

Thank you Kesha. Hope you will solve it soon 🙂

• Like 12