Can I use AI to generate gig images?

fastcopywriter

Question

I've been experimenting with Microsoft Bing Image Creator, and I'm amazed at the results. 

I asked the AI to create a screaming radio, and look at what it did.

https://www.bing.com/images/create/radio-screaming/1-65a5e7d9b80842739d00092ab32995ee?id=jUHn9VbfIoPpN1sqG%2fwbbw%3d%3d&view=detailv2&idpp=genimg&FORM=GCRIDP&mode=overlay

The question is, does it violate TOS to use AI to create images for my gigs? I'm a writer, I don't want to keep hiring artists every time I need an image. 

• Like 5

2 answers to this question

Fiverr doesn't really go into more detail than in this link:

https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/ai-generated-content

You could ask CS at the help desk for an official answer or ask staff here.

Fiverr's link also says:

Sellers must:

• Ensure they have all necessary rights to the content they create, including copyrights

though I think some have said that AI images generated by prompts can't be copyrighted (if there was no other human authorship).

Fiverr also says:

If the content created and/or delivered on Fiverr with the help of AI is found to infringe or violate any copyrights, applicable law, or Fiverr’s Community Standards, such content will be removed from the platform, and the seller’s account may be permanently suspended

which might be a bit risky with the lawsuits against the AI companies re: copyright.

But Fiverr also have whole categories with thousands of gigs for generating AI content, which will all be delivering it and having that in the gig images so it shouldn't really be a problem (though you're best checking with CS/staff first I think, if the gig is unrelated to AI). Ideally Fiverr would put more specific info in their community standards link about AI content.

Edited by uk1000
spelling
  • Like 5