Your thoughts on NEO AI-powered search

NEO just appeared on Fiverr. It lurks in the message area. NEO is AI chat that helps buyers find the services they are looking for.

My brief use of NEO only presented one top rated seller at a time. The results were heavily weighted for gigs I had recently viewed.

I'm not sure how much buyers will use this. But since it only displays one seller with a search, this could seriously reduce buyers browsing through gigs. Your thoughts? 

• Like 6
  • Up 2

I think you are one of the lucky ones @fastadking. I don't see any NEO, and there were reports from other forum regulars stating the same. 

If it's the way you said, then it's bad for sellers because we get even more exposure. 

Then again, if people use NEO and it only delivers results that you don't like, I am sure they will revert to browsing the marketplace themselves. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

IThen again, if people use NEO and it only delivers results that you don't like, I am sure they will revert to browsing the marketplace themselves. 

That's a good point. NEO seemed a bit clunky and took a few seconds to start displaying results. Buyers may find it frustrating they only see one seller at a time. Then again, I've had customers who say "just tell me one seller you trust who can do this task." That seems to be the type of buyer NEO would appeal to. 

• Like 6
  • Up 3

17 minutes ago, fastadking said:

That seems to be the type of buyer NEO would appeal to. 

That's exactly what I think. NEO won't replace the current search system. But will it appeal to buyers like those? Of course. And that's fine, having different ways to find what you're looking for is fine. So unless they make NEO mandatory for all buyers, I am fine with it being there as a tool for buyers. And who knows, it might even drive business our way 😄

• Like 6
  • Up 1