Need help in choosing between a fake or a real buyer,

The buyer has requested that I send messages from his Instagram account to various influencers across different niches. I've been doing this for the past two days. However, when I inquired about payment, he mentioned that he would pay me $400 at the end of each month. I'm uncertain about the authenticity of this arrangement because no custom offers have been created, and there haven't been any specific orders – it's solely based on messages. Can you help me choose between a fake or a real. buyer?

• Like 11

Fiverr strongly recommends that sellers only start working after the order is placed.

If no order is placed, there's zero guarantee that you will ever get paid.

I mean, in theory, it's not completely impossible that they will pay you, but with no order in place, how? If they offer payment outside of Fiverr, that's a violation of Fiverr's Terms of Service.

• Like 12
  • Up 3

Real buyers will do professional profile and activity, They don't provide payment outside of fiverr as this is a violation of rules. Real buyers have some reviews with other sellers if you see a new one so it can be suspicious so you have to double check before getting the order. 

• Like 11

8 hours ago, catwriter said:

Fiverr strongly recommends that sellers only start working after the order is placed.

If no order is placed, there's zero guarantee that you will ever get paid.

I mean, in theory, it's not completely impossible that they will pay you, but with no order in place, how? If they offer payment outside of Fiverr, that's a violation of Fiverr's Terms of Service.

No, they didn't propose payment beyond Fiverr. You're absolutely correct; there's no assurance that I will receive payment. Thanks for the advice.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, tofajjal70 said:

However, when I inquired about payment, he mentioned that he would pay me $400 at the end of each month.

Obviously you get paid for the order. There's no order.. so there's no agreement here. I had dozens of "give me a deal for this order and I will come back with 20 articles" when people never came back and got a deal for their order. So yeah, don't trust anyone that doesn't purchase your gig. 

What you can do is to have a 30-day window or how many days are there until the end of the month. And he can purchase the gig now, you get paid at the end of the month. Or he purchases at the end of the month and that's when you send custom offers, with the ideal timeline for gig completion.

• Like 6

On 1/15/2024 at 10:40 PM, donnovan86 said:

Obviously you get paid for the order. There's no order.. so there's no agreement here. I had dozens of "give me a deal for this order and I will come back with 20 articles" when people never came back and got a deal for their order. So yeah, don't trust anyone that doesn't purchase your gig. 

What you can do is to have a 30-day window or how many days are there until the end of the month. And he can purchase the gig now, you get paid at the end of the month. Or he purchases at the end of the month and that's when you send custom offers, with the ideal timeline for gig completion.

Thank you for the suggestion; I genuinely value it. I'll give it a shot.

• Like 5