Buyer's attitude

strategist_ceo

Question

It's interesting how certain events seem to happen all at once, isn't it?

In just the past 16 hours, I received several queries from clients with comments like "you're rude," "words from the wise...", "communication break down very fast," and "I imagine you live off services, I continue and will continue with other providers. You missed an opportunity to do more than 50 jobs a month, mainly because of your arrogant way of expressing yourself."

As someone who provides consultations, if I were to become more submissive, "gentler with words" or change my approach, I might no longer be delivering effective services.

All I did was inform them that they didn't qualify, advised them to gain a better understanding, and provided them with a URL for reference.

However, I'm somewhat concerned that enough of these clients (in numbers) might file complaints about my communication style and potentially lead to repercussions on my levels.

Just for clarification: I turn down about 7-8 out of every 10 clients, and it's unusual for me to receive as many aggressive responses as I have today. I'm contemplating whether to accept all future work, but that would entail directing clients towards certain paths while fully aware that they might end up wasting thousands of dollars to achieve unfavorable results.

• Like 8
  • Up 2

4 answers to this question

Maybe turn them down with the slightly longer "gentler with words" approach. You said:

45 minutes ago, strategist_ceo said:

As someone who provides consultations, if I were to become more submissive, "gentler with words" or change my approach, I might no longer be delivering effective services.

but I assume you're turning them down before they order your service (you said you turn down 7-8 of every 10 clients).

You could create a few longer, template replies that might help (that would be less likely for them to give the client comments you mentioned.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, uk1000 said:

Maybe turn them down with the slightly longer "gentler with words" approach. You said:

but I assume you're turning them down before they order your service (you said you turn down 7-8 of every 10 clients).

You could create a few longer, template replies that might help (that would be less likely for them to give the client comments you mentioned.

I typically provide lengthy responses, including automated responses. I've gotten used to drafting extensive messages, so everything tends to be lengthy from my end.

image.png.56e3f8438c137f127340837cc1cdcd67.png

The challenge is that everyone seems to view themselves as "highly qualified". I confronted this very situation today in one of my responses (please refer to the attached screenshot).

image.png.4c38fbbfa59c8fa442ad9ca7549ca6e0.png

I got tons of verbal abuse after I point out that his degree(s) were bogus. 

• Like 4
  • Up 2

2 minutes ago, ana_tomy said:

Here at Fiverr, we have zero tolerance for any kind of abusive behavior, so please contact our Customer Support team if you're having this kind of issue

Given that the client hasn't made any orders, I don't see a reason or anything will come out of it.

My primary concern is the potential risk of demotion if a significant number of these individuals lodge complaints and Fiverr doesn't offer me an opportunity to address all of them.

• Like 6