Deleted gigs intentional or not intentional - not retrievable

sliverfox

Information I received from Fiverr Support today confirm that gigs that have been deleted are NOT able to be activated again.

I lost all my gigs last week as my account was compromised and the hacker deleted all the gigs in my account.

I assumed that they would be backed up by fiverr and able to be activated.

This is not the case.

Just wanted to update anyone who was wondering about this like me and who may have been a victim of account hacking.

I think Fiverr should implement some security for deleting the gig. Security Question should be asked before removing a gig from account. In this way hacked account will be saved.

This is sensitive matter for those accounts who have a good number of gig reviews.

Mistakes and incidents does happen in life. So there should be a backup plan.

Only fiverr support should have the power to completely remove the gig or there should be security question being added before removing gig from account.

Reply to @wingle: I could not agree with you more. It seems that these accounts may be being offered for sale somewhere and deleting the gigs may be part of the sales process. Business has ground to a halt due to this, as I can not show any history or feedbacks on fiverr for the last few years work. A double layer of security before deletion may prevent a hacker from deleting ones life here! 🙂

What a nightmare, and so bad for business in queue! Ugh, that’s horrible. Your work is clearly of quality enough to be in good demand and I’m sure you’ll build a new body of great reviews and work in no time, but I am absolutely behind this adding a security question to delete gigs idea.

I’ve worked so hard to make my folio appealing… I just can’t imagine losing all that evidence of effort vanishing because some hacker decided to waste their time on making my life harder. I don’t understand these people, unless it’s a matter of competition playing really dirty- which is just disgusting.

Damn.

Archived