What am I missing in my gigs that i upload? Because it has almost been a week or two and i have not gotten any orders yet.

zaeema_nazir

Hey there, I've had a look at your gig and there's quite a lot that you can do to improve it. 

1. First and foremost, make sure any images you're using are your own. 

2. Add more personality and detail to your gig descriptions. Calling it barebones would be an understatement. That's your spot to let buyers know why you're the right person for their job. 

3. Advertise, Advertise, Advertise! Most of us didn't get our first order just by waiting. Put yourself out there and start building up your online footprint. 

In addition to the points above, there are plenty of valuable insights you can find by looking through the forum. I hope these suggestions prove at least somewhat helpful. 

• Like 16
  • Up 1

16 hours ago, ssj1236 said:

Hey there, I've had a look at your gig and there's quite a lot that you can do to improve it. 

1. First and foremost, make sure any images you're using are your own. 

2. Add more personality and detail to your gig descriptions. Calling it barebones would be an understatement. That's your spot to let buyers know why you're the right person for their job. 

3. Advertise, Advertise, Advertise! Most of us didn't get our first order just by waiting. Put yourself out there and start building up your online footprint. 

In addition to the points above, there are plenty of valuable insights you can find by looking through the forum. I hope these suggestions prove at least somewhat helpful. 

Thank you for this. I will definitely follow these suggestions 

• Like 8
  • Congrats! 1

8 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Your profile description should be more about what you will do for the buyer. Now, every sentence starts with I or i. It is best to address the buyer's pain points. 

well in the description, a person describes what they do and that is the tip given by Fiverr as well... so i see nothing wrong there 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

On 1/10/2024 at 11:19 PM, zaeema_nazir said:
On 1/10/2024 at 2:22 PM, vickiespencer said:

Your profile description should be more about what you will do for the buyer. Now, every sentence starts with I or i. It is best to address the buyer's pain points. 

well in the description, a person describes what they do and that is the tip given by Fiverr as well... so i see nothing wrong there 

Here is an example of one of my proofreading gigs. Notice the word "me" is in the text 2 times, whereas the word "you or your" (meaning the buyer) is in the text 5 times because the focus is on the buyer and how I can help them. Buyers are looking for sellers who can serve their needs, and when a seller talks all about themselves, the buyer may look for someone who addresses their needs instead of touting what they can do. 

My focus is assisting you in making your message stand out, resonate with your audience, and leave a lasting impact! Don't let the effectiveness of your writing be lost due to minor mistakes. Let me help you proofread, edit, and polish it to look professional.

• Like 9
  • Up 2

You're missing about 1,000 characters. A gig description can have up to 1,200 characters, yours only has 157. It might give the impression that you couldn't be bothered to craft a compelling description that would appeal to buyers, and that might give the impression that that's how much effort you'd put in your work, too.

• Like 6
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1