I want to get my first order on Fiverr

Hello Everybody,

I am Tania Islam from Bangladesh. A professional photo editor for the last 6 years. I want to start my journey with Fiverr as a photo editor. To begin the journey, I created my Fiverr account on 1st January 2024 and finished adding 4 gigs today. I specially edit E-commerce product photos and always work with product photos. So, I can say I am a product photo editor especially.

This is 2024, and I think I am far behind the other sellers on Fiverr. As I went through many blogs and articles, I saw, it is almost difficult to get the first order on Fiverr. I know there are many experienced old sellers and also new sellers who started a few days ago and started selling on Fiverr. 

At this point, I want to know if there is any secret behind the first sale. Currently, I am only following Fiverr's guidelines to sell my services. 

I will be very happy if anyone helps me to get my first order on Fiverr. 

Thanks to all,

Tania T.

• Like 26
  • Up 1

@retouchio

Hello Tania! We are thrilled to have you as a part of our amazing Community!

Congratulations on starting your freelancing journey on Fiverr! If you’re just starting, we recommend you check out our free Fiverr Learn course.

The Forum is full of information and great discussions. As a new member, we recommend reading through some of the previous posts, as they have lots of valuable insights that will help you get started. If you want to ask the community for suggestions on your Gig, please post in the Gig Advice section. 

Here are a few that I recommend for new freelancers:

Good luck! 🍀

• Like 24
  • Up 2

3 hours ago, retouchio said:

Hello Everybody,

I am Tania Islam from Bangladesh. A professional photo editor for the last 6 years. I want to start my journey with Fiverr as a photo editor. To begin the journey, I created my Fiverr account on 1st January 2024 and finished adding 4 gigs today. I specially edit E-commerce product photos and always work with product photos. So, I can say I am a product photo editor especially.

This is 2024, and I think I am far behind the other sellers on Fiverr. As I went through many blogs and articles, I saw, it is almost difficult to get the first order on Fiverr. I know there are many experienced old sellers and also new sellers who started a few days ago and started selling on Fiverr. 

At this point, I want to know if there is any secret behind the first sale. Currently, I am only following Fiverr's guidelines to sell my services. 

I will be very happy if anyone helps me to get my first order on Fiverr. 

Thanks to all,

Tania T.

I wish more new sellers would make an effort to introduce themselves on the forum and seek feedback professionally - just like you did here. 💯

One suggestion: Galleries of all your gigs have the same template. Use the galleries not as a filler but as a medium to SHOWCASE your skills. Put up your best work, even create new designs for gig galleries and showcase a variety of stuff. A creative professional should come across as dynamic and versatile. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

I wish more new sellers would make an effort to introduce themselves on the forum and seek feedback professionally - just like you did here. 💯

One suggestion: Galleries of all your gigs have the same template. Use the galleries not as a filler but as a medium to SHOWCASE your skills. Put up your best work, even create new designs for gig galleries and showcase a variety of stuff. A creative professional should come across as dynamic and versatile. 

I appreciate your suggestions. You are right, I should update my gig template. Thank you so much.

• Like 14

19 hours ago, Lena said:

@retouchio

Hello Tania! We are thrilled to have you as a part of our amazing Community!

Congratulations on starting your freelancing journey on Fiverr! If you’re just starting, we recommend you check out our free Fiverr Learn course.

The Forum is full of information and great discussions. As a new member, we recommend reading through some of the previous posts, as they have lots of valuable insights that will help you get started. If you want to ask the community for suggestions on your Gig, please post in the Gig Advice section. 

Here are a few that I recommend for new freelancers:

Good luck! 🍀

Hi Lena, I am very happy to say that everyone is very friendly and helpful here. 

I have already started taking the Fiverr Learn course and I am writing now after finishing the "Online Freelancing Essentials: Be A Successful Fiverr Seller" free course.

I am exploring Fiverr as well. I am reading through the previous posts. I am getting a lot of knowledge to become a successful seller on Fiverr. I will post in the Gig Advice section to learn more about my category. I appreciate your recommendation.

Thanks a lot, Lena. I am very glad. You have boosted my positive energy

Sincerely,

Tania

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, designer_tanvi said:

Wish You Good Luck. Be active on Fiverr and Share your gigs in social media.

As I am a new seller, I am exploring Fiverr. I am reading blogs and watching forums keeping myself active by visiting my dashboard and when I am out of my workplace, I open the Fiverr app on my phone to keep myself active.

I have a confusion about sharing my gigs on social media. I do not have friends or followers who need my service. So, I think this will not work for me. But Fiverr suggesting to share gigs on social media. Here is my confusion. How can I share my gig that will be visible to the people who need it?

Thanks,

Tania

• Like 10
  • Up 2

58 minutes ago, retouchio said:

I have a confusion about sharing my gigs on social media. I do not have friends or followers who need my service. So, I think this will not work for me.

Yes, it will not work.

Do not trust every piece of advice posted here or even on external blogs/youtube videos. A lot of people just copy-paste unverified-untrue suggestions on every thread and have no idea about how things work for real. 

Often they don't even know the meaning of words/terms they are parroting on each thread!! 

• Like 13
  • Up 2

6 hours ago, retouchio said:

As I am a new seller, I am exploring Fiverr. I am reading blogs and watching forums keeping myself active by visiting my dashboard and when I am out of my workplace, I open the Fiverr app on my phone to keep myself active.

I have a confusion about sharing my gigs on social media. I do not have friends or followers who need my service. So, I think this will not work for me. But Fiverr suggesting to share gigs on social media. Here is my confusion. How can I share my gig that will be visible to the people who need it?

Thanks,

Tania

Dear Tania, You can use LinkedIn. where you have potential customer. You'll have eligible buyer there. who are looking for your service.

• Like 12

• 4 months later...

Hi, I am Sadia from Pakistan. I have been freelancing for the past 5 years. I recently joined Fiverr in May 2024, and I received my first order in June. Updating your gig titles, descriptions, and tags is a great way to get more clicks, impressions, and orders. Check the prices of other freelancers in your category and set competitive rates. Thank you.

• Like 3