Feeling defeated after years of trying to prove myseld

For four years now I have been a Fiverr’s choice, televised as a designer, spoken at major trade events as a designer, I’ve worked with Porsche, major restaurants and I have gotten associations with professional design associations and still Fiverr rejects my Pro application. Year after year. I ask for help and I still don’t make it. And my past clients were taken off my profile and never approved again. Today is my fourth decline. 

Less than 2% of all interior designers are black so I am very used to having to show people I deserve a seat at the table. I am used to people underestimating me. But this feels so targeted and impossible for someone who has sooo many credentials, experience and literally 150 five star ratings in my time on here. What on earth can I do now. At some point do I just realize these people will never believe I am who I say I am

• Like 17
  • Sad 1

Hello @livingbright, even if I'm not an experienced seller on Fiverr I'd like to give you my two cents.

I think what you achieved so far is really great, maybe you're giving too much importance to the Top Rated Seller level without giving enough weight to what you have done so far.
Would you prefer having no TV appearances or no clients such as Porsche and having the TRS badge or do you prefer the other way round?
Well, having that badge is cool, no doubts about that, but I read quite some times here on the forum that the TRS cannot guarantee more sales.
So the question is, why do you give so much importance to the TRS?

Having the TRS status as a goal is nice and I'm not saying you don't have to pursue your dreams but keep in mind that what you have done so far can be considered a goal that many people would love to achieve (and probably will never do!) and that will defeat their mood as well.

Personally, I'd get in touch with some of your colleagues to collect feedback on your profile, for instance, you can ask what they see as pain points and winning points, and work on it.

Also, based on what I see you're an English native speaker, why did you set your language level to basic? It's funny because here on Fiverr there are many non-native English speakers setting their English level as "fluent" while many times they prove it's not. So, my suggestion here is to change it to reflect your real English level.
Then, I'd change a bit your profile picture, I'd opt for a close-up instead of the image of 3/4 of your body, I think it's better in terms of professional aesthetic.
The last thing I want to say is about the thumbnails, maybe choosing a uniform, catching, and coherent style would be better.

So you're doing great things, observe competitors, make some fixes, and keep doing what you love and the TRS will come!
That's it for now! I hope you're going to achieve your goals, bye! :classic_smile:

• Like 14

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2024 at 7:16 AM, livingbright said:

For four years now I have been a Fiverr’s choice, televised as a designer, spoken at major trade events as a designer, I’ve worked with Porsche, major restaurants and I have gotten associations with professional design associations and still Fiverr rejects my Pro application. Year after year. I ask for help and I still don’t make it. And my past clients were taken off my profile and never approved again. Today is my fourth decline. 

Less than 2% of all interior designers are black so I am very used to having to show people I deserve a seat at the table. I am used to people underestimating me. But this feels so targeted and impossible for someone who has sooo many credentials, experience and literally 150 five star ratings in my time on here. What on earth can I do now. At some point do I just realize these people will never believe I am who I say I am

I don't know what being black has to do with anything on, are you saying that Fiverr is over harshly judging you based solely on your skin color? Fiverr is an international company with staff from all over the world of all nationalities. 

I'm not sure what PRO means today but it use to be the top 1% of Fiverr so it was a tough badge to get especially in high traffic fields like design where the competition is high. Now a days TRS offers more than PRO does and they're really only looking for new TRS in certain fields and I don't think interior design was one of the fields.

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/15140188560913-Top-Rated

• Like 3
  • Up 1