Is your clock broken?

missashley8705

I requested a mutual cancellation because a buyer made a request that I was uncomfortable completing for two reasons.

1. It was for a service I don’t provide. My gig is for virtual assistant work, which is broad but I also give a list of what I’m willing and able to do in my service which actually makes it pretty clear. I don’t offer fake product reviews on websites.
  2. The request was for me to create a couple of fake accounts, research a few car product reviews and then make my own fake review of the product to post on a website. I’m not comfortable doing any fictitious reviews. I prefer to keep my work honest.

So on these grounds I requested a mutual cancellation. I haven’t heard back from the guy but about 5 hours ago the Fiverr countdown said it would be canceled in 3 hours. I checked it after about 4 hours and I the countdown said it would be cancelled in 3 minutes. 10 minutes later it said it would be cancelled in 18 minutes. I checked again like one minute later and it said it would be canceled in about an hour.

See anything wrong with those timeliness!? What is up with the Fiverr countdown clock? A lot depends on Fiverr keeping accurate time and apparently accuracy is an issue.

All I can say is if this cancellation is rejected then Fiverr can take care of it because based on normal time, the deadline to reject it came and went about six hours ago.

Get it together!

There were some issues with the Fiverr page this week; long loading times, couldn’t deliver, couldn’t receive input for orders, etc. It’s possible that by observing by the minute, you actually saw a few roll-backs, server restarts, proxy switches and similar troubleshooting methods. In the end, the clock should get back to normal and all should be as expected.

If not, make sure to contact Customer Support. If the clock goes haywire again, make screenshots including your PC clock to show the difference.

I actually saw the same issue on a related time; the completion timer. I checked an order that is due today, and it says "You should wait for the buyer to review your order. If the buyer does not, this order will be marked as completed in about 8 hours."

This used to be 5, 6 and 7 hours before, running up.

I am now also making screenshots of this, combined with my system clock and date, to show that the timer’s actually running up, not down. I doubt it’s more than a display error, since my Gigs do seem to go through. It’s just a bit disconcerting.

Reply to @ozzieuk: it finally went through but when I suit a mutual cancellation, it says that it will be accepted in one day. This was almost three days so it seems as though it has effected the proper behaviour of the system as well at least in this situation. I’m under the idea that all is well that ends well and this has ended so I’m fine with it for the moment. I just hope I don’t continue to encounter this issue. As it doesn’t give me much faith in the system.

Archived