what to do in order to get TRS badge

mariaxcreations

Question

hello i want to ask what is the top most thing they check when awarding TRS badge 
it makes me sad when i go to my category every seller in top 2 lines have a TRS badge except me 

What makes me even more disappointed is that those sellers have less reviews than me , those sellers have less experience than me , those sellers have more bad reviews than me , those sellers dont have as much appealing portfolio and overall profile as compared to me but still it makes me worried where i am lacking 

pic.png

• Like 12

7 answers to this question

I would say don't worry about it. Just focus on delivering the best work and keep your clients happy. That's what matters. You can still be level 2 and earn more than top rated sellers. Also, a badge doesn't make or break your future here on the platform. 

• Like 16
  • Up 3

It appears illogical sometimes, yes. It should be mostly the seniority thing plus very very good reviews. But you have that. Since it's a human decision, it may or may not be fair, I'm sorry.

As @donnovan86 said, if the business goes well, don't be bothered by this. Your reviews speak about you, rather than badges. 

• Like 17
  • Up 1

11 hours ago, mariaxcreations said:

hello i want to ask what is the top most thing they check when awarding TRS badge 

Hi @mariaxcreations,

Once you meet all the minimum requirements for TRS (all your stats are in the green), there are hidden quality metrics that you'll need to meet before your account even goes through a manual review. If you don't meet these hidden quality metrics, then your account won't be considered for the manual review for another 3-4 months.

So the number of reviews that you have, your years of experience, and your portfolio won't even be looked at until you meet the hidden quality metrics. Only your last 90 days of performance will be looked at.

I can see you are a Seller Plus Member like me. Once I hit all the minimum requirements for TRS, I notified my Success Manager, who told me that a recent cancelation I had put my Buyer Satisfaction Rate (BSR) below the threshold required for the manual TRS review and that I would need to show an improvement for the next 3-4 months before I would be considered for the manual TRS review.

This was a bummer because it was my first buyer-initiated cancelation in over 1 year. My past year of zero buyer-initiated cancelations didn't matter at all. All that mattered was I had this cancelation NOW and it did affect my BSR (probably a negative private review since I only have good public reviews). So I knew I had to work hard to keep my buyers happy (i.e., no negative private reviews) for the next 3-4 months.

However, right when I hit the 4th month, a hacker got into my Fiverr account, withdrew all my Earnings, and then put in a request to shut down my Fiverr account. Shutting down my Fiverr account immediately canceled all my orders in queue. Even though CS restored my account and adjusted all my visible stats so they were in the green, there were hidden quality metrics within the automated system that were affected for more than 4 months. I don't know what they were, but I lost my eligibility for Seller Plus for a month, Early Payout eligibility for 2 months, and Promoted Gigs. My Success Manager told me that these were related to my account shut down, and since it was an automated system, I would have to wait until I naturally became eligible for those features again, which was about 4 months.

Luckily, after those four months, I hit all the hidden quality metrics and also passed the manual review for TRS, so I was able to get the TRS badge. However, I can see how it may be impossible to get this badge if you constantly show negative private reviews in your 90-day record. The manual review team won't even have a chance to look at your profile, reviews, or years of experience.

I agree with @donnovan86 - it isn't really worth it to worry about getting the TRS badge. I love what he says here⬇️:

10 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I would say don't worry about it. Just focus on delivering the best work and keep your clients happy. That's what matters. You can still be level 2 and earn more than top rated sellers. Also, a badge doesn't make or break your future here on the platform. 

And what @milos_siena says here:

2 hours ago, milos_siena said:

Your reviews speak about you, rather than badges. 

Anyone who visits your profile will see the sheer number of positive reviews you have. This gives you great credibility and trust with buyers.

Many awesome Level 2 sellers never get the TRS badge, and those who do get the TRS badge, often get it when they least expect it, while they're focused on delivering quality work and keeping their buyers happy.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 14
  • Up 1

@ @vickieitothanks for your detailed response 

i do believe to get TRS badge Buyer satisfaction score is the most key factor and my seller plus coach always keeps reminding me your score is great , your score is amazing 

all the other metrics we see on our profile i have outstanding performance in those as well 
i just failed to understand what can be the other hidden factor where i am lacking 

is it the certifcates or skill test ? 
like paid courses do they play any part in being a TRS  ?

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, mariaxcreations said:

i just failed to understand what can be the other hidden factor where i am lacking 

is it the certifcates or skill test ? 
like paid courses do they play any part in being a TRS  ?

I also don't know what additional quality factors there are in our quality metrics besides the BSR, but I do know they prevented me from getting the TRS badge when my BSR was awesome.

And you might not be lacking at all. I know some have mentioned that Fiverr limits the number of TRS in each category. So if your category is saturated you may never get the badge. We also don't know how subjective this manual review is. Most people who qualify for TRS never get it, even those who more than deserve the badge.

• Like 10

On 1/2/2024 at 1:20 AM, vickieito said:

I also don't know what additional quality factors there are in our quality metrics besides the BSR, but I do know they prevented me from getting the TRS badge when my BSR was awesome.

And you might not be lacking at all. I know some have mentioned that Fiverr limits the number of TRS in each category. So if your category is saturated you may never get the badge. We also don't know how subjective this manual review is. Most people who qualify for TRS never get it, even those who more than deserve the badge.

unfortunately i have been waiting for long for this badge and now i am kind of getting frustrated seeing some of the new sellers in my category have it , but i dont have it , 
its kind of baffling to see when your performnace is outstanding , evertyhing is perfect , fiverr needs to make it clear and precise to sellers where they are lacking so we can improve that par

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, mariaxcreations said:

its kind of baffling to see when your performnace is outstanding , evertyhing is perfect , fiverr needs to make it clear and precise to sellers where they are lacking so we can improve that par

I have over 19k reviews, I think my services and reviews speak for themselves, and despite that I am not a top rated seller. I don't care about badges anyway, what you get as a top rated seller (minus the badge) is available in Seller Plus. Which, if you are a serious seller on the platform, you most likely have that anyway. 

I suggest you focus on delivering the best work and getting the best reviews you can. That badge is not going to bring you sales, I am certain most buyers focus on reviews, pricing and other factors. Sure, it's a nice bonus to have, but not the end-all for a Fiverr profile. A lot of level 2 sellers are very successful and outshine top rated sellers. I even saw a lot of TRS sellers in my category dropping prices because they barely have orders so..

• Like 8
  • Up 2