100 orders in 100 days with 100% positive feedback

mikejacobsvo

Hello Sellers! I just completed my 100th order in under 100 days and all feedback is 100% positive. Do you want buyer feedback like this?

• “This seller is the absolute best in both product and customer service.”

• “One of the BEST on FIVERR!”

• "Best seller I’ve ever had!"

How did I do that? Here are my “Rules to Fiverr by…”

1. Offer something of value for $5. Now I know this sounds obvious but consider this: buyers can go to any number of freelance sites. Fiverr offers among the lowest entry price for services and there is a reason why the buyers are on Fiverr - price is a priority. I have seen video gigs that charge $5 for 5 seconds (yes… seconds) of finished work. Most buyers would not want just 5 seconds of video - so a gig like this is not truely offering something of value for $5. Make sure your gig offers something of value even if it’s only a portion of what you really want to sell.

2. Over communicate with your buyer. When an order arrives, review the information within hours. Send an acknowledgement message that you’ve reviewed it and include any questions you have and request answers within a reasonable deadline. Indicate what you will do if you don’t hear back from the buyer - emphasize that you take the deadline seriously. Always tell the buyer what to expect next. Update the buyer on your progress and provide a preview for their approval or feedback well before the deadline. It’s always better to get the change requests before the delivery is made. Include a thank you note when making the delivery. Politely ask that they take the time to leave a review for your service. If your delivery is part of a buyer’s larger project, follow-up with a message a week later to see how it’s going. You did ask about their project, right?

3. Differentiate yourself from the crowd. Search for similar gigs and compare yours with the biggest sellers. How does yours compare on quality and options? Try to match the best sellers, but don’t go overboard. I’ve seen gigs that show a hint of desperation because they offer far too much for $5. How good could it be if they’re selling 10 times more than me at the same price?

4. Spend more time on your gig video, images and description. You only get one chance to make a first impression. Your gig provides a glimpse into the quality and care you put into your product or service. Go futher than you think necessary. Get a green screen and make a standout video. Showcase your absolute best work.

5. Adjust to the market. Gig not selling? See rules #3 and #4. Buyers not buying your gig extras (that’s where the money is!)? Change it up. I’ve changed my extras many many times trying to find what buyers want and how much they’re willing to pay.

6. Clearly communicate your change policy. As part of rule #2, your gig description and messages must make it clear how many changes your buyer should expect to have. Providing a preview for feedback makes changes after delivery less likely.

7. Be patient with your buyers. Many buyers are using Fiverr for the first time and are not sure about the process.

~ Updated August 9th: Three new rules

8. Manage your buyer’s expectations - and your order queue. Buyers will look at your ‘Days on Average’ gig setting as part of the decision making process. When your order queue is empty or low, adjust your ‘Days on Average’ to your best delivery time. As the number of orders queue up, give yourself some breathing room and adjust ‘Days on Average’ up to help spread out future orders.

9. Exceed your buyer’s expectations - deliver early. You need to carefully balance this rule with rule #8 but side with ‘under promise and over deliver’. This means deliver much earlier than what the buyer expected based on your ‘Days on Average’. Be careful not to make ‘Days on Average’ too high for rule #9 or buyers might pass your gig up due to rule #8. It’s a balance.

10. Offer express delivery. If you can, offer 24 hour delivery on your gig. You might need to experiment with the price you charge for express delivery and you’ll probably end up charging less than you’d like. Offering 24 hour delivery as part of your base gig can either set you apart from the competition or project an image of idleness. I tend to favor a low cost (e.g. $10) express delivery charge to strike a balance between the two extremes. If I have too many orders (and who doesn’t want that problem!) I temporarily make the express delivery charge higher. It’s all about supply and demand.

What do you think?

Mike

I’m at 22 jobs in 11 days and really hope the trend continues. Loving my Fiverr experience right now. I know my work is of a high quality and stands out comparatively I just hope people keep browsing beyond ratings and finding me!

Congratulations on your successful streak and I hope it keeps going for you! Great tips too. I wonder if perhaps I’m one of those desperates doing too much though.

I'm at 62 jobs in 45 days and really hope the trend continues. Loving my Fiverr experience right now. I know my work is of a high quality and stands out comparatively I just hope people keep browsing beyond ratings and finding me!

Congratulations on your successful streak and I hope it keeps going for you!

Archived