Clarification on Fiverr's Involvement in Israel-Palestine Conflict

jaadani

Question

Dear Fiverr Team,

I have a question regarding Fiverr, and I would appreciate any information or clarification on this matter. Additionally, if anyone else in the community has insights, please feel free to share.

As a member of a significant Muslim community, recent events in the Israel-Palestine conflict have prompted me to seek clarification on Fiverr's stance and any potential involvement in related matters.

- Could Fiverr confirm whether it has made financial contributions to any parties directly or indirectly involved in the Israel-Palestine conflict?

- Furthermore, has Fiverr been involved in any activities that could be perceived as supporting or encouraging the conflict, such as political lobbying or partnerships with organizations directly engaged in the dispute?

- Is there any indication that Fiverr endorses or encourages its employees or freelancers to participate in the conflict in any manner?

I am seeking this information to ensure transparency and to make informed decisions about our continued participation on the platform. It is crucial for us to be certain that Fiverr aligns with values promoting peace and neutrality.

I would appreciate any official statement or information that Fiverr can provide on these matters. Thank you for your time and attention to this important issue.

Best regards

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

14 answers to this question

To be honest, I find the original post in this thread to be quite provocative. The author starts by mentioning his Muslim identity, then discusses peace and neutrality, all while subtly threatening about "making informed decisions about our continued participation".

Genuine neutrality would involve avoiding threats while trying to make a point. Perhaps this was why the responses weren't friendly exchanges.

If I were moderating this forum (which, fortunately, I am not), I would close or delete this thread, possibly even issuing a warning or suspension to the author.

But that's just my opinion.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 5
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, jaadani said:

- Could Fiverr confirm whether it has made financial contributions to any parties directly or indirectly involved in the Israel-Palestine conflict?

- Furthermore, has Fiverr been involved in any activities that could be perceived as supporting or encouraging the conflict, such as political lobbying or partnerships with organizations directly engaged in the dispute?

- Is there any indication that Fiverr endorses or encourages its employees or freelancers to participate in the conflict in any manner?

Just a Question for you: What is the point of asking these questions when you don't even know that Fiverr is actually an Israeli freelancing platform. :classic_huh:

• Like 11
  • Haha 2
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Just a Question for you: What is the point of asking these questions when you don't even know that Fiverr is actually an Israeli freelancing platform. :classic_huh:

I want to clarify that my inquiries about Fiverr's involvement in the Israel-Palestine conflict are not influenced by the fact that it is an Israeli company. I am aware of its origins in Israel with an Israeli CEO, but it has since grown into an international platform with diverse funding sources, including institutions and individuals who hold shares.

My intention is to ensure that the company maintains a neutral stance, regardless of its origins.

• Like 11
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

You don't want clarification, because you've done no research. Clarification comes after research when you need something that's confusing you a bit cleared up. You haven't even mastered the basics from day 1 of research: Fiverr is based in Israel. It is an Israeli company. It was started up by Israelis. It continues to keep its HQ in Israel. It's top c-level staff is festooned with a all-singing, all-dancing plethora of Israelis, raining down from the Tel Aviv sky. 

Your complete lack of research is the quickest way to ensure that nobody bothers with this post, especially when you've also written it with the love and care of ChatGPT. 

Fiverr is not listed on the official BDS list. 

Palestinians can work on Fiverr. There are LOTS AND LOTS of Muslims who work on Fiverr. Many Islamic states are teaching and encouraging their youth to learn freelancing skills, directing them toward platforms like Fiverr. 

As an Israeli company Fiverr probably pays some tax in Israel (I have no idea about the workings of their inner tax structures), and of course, Israel is a nation that uses conscription. Then there's the dumpster fire of Twitter, where the CEO posts. Did you think to look there before seeking clarification? 

There's no way you will "ensure" that anyone "does anything" with the level of care into this post - none. If you're looking for an excuse to work/not work on Fiverr, you don't need one. Do it, or don't. How is it that you've been on Fiverr since 2015 and don't know that Fiverr is Israeli? Or if you did, why does clarification suddenly matter now, when the current situation is just a particularly nasty episode of a conflict that has been going for decades?

P.S. Fiverr's HQ is in Israel. It is probable that some staff their have experienced loss as a result of this conflict. You want to make sure that they're neutral? That's quite a big ask from someone who uses a robot to talk for them and ask questions they don't bother to research first. 

P.P.S. Fun fact: their current HQ is actually a former government office. Ministry of Agriculture, IIRC. Just a stone's throw from the IDF HQ. 

Good Lord, man. Put the AI away and use your HI. ChatGPT does not make anyone look smarter or more thoughtful than they actually are. Quite the opposite. 

• Like 14
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jaadani said:

I would appreciate any official statement or information that Fiverr can provide on these matters.

All they said is this:

As for your specific questions...

2 hours ago, jaadani said:

...I seriously doubt that anyone will answer those.

Certainly not here on the forum.

• Like 15
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, emmaki said:

You don't want clarification, because you've done no research. Clarification comes after research when you need something that's confusing you a bit cleared up. You haven't even mastered the basics from day 1 of research: Fiverr is based in Israel. It is an Israeli company. It was started up by Israelis. It continues to keep its HQ in Israel. It's top c-level staff is festooned with a all-singing, all-dancing plethora of Israelis, raining down from the Tel Aviv sky. 

Your complete lack of research is the quickest way to ensure that nobody bothers with this post, especially when you've also written it with the love and care of ChatGPT. 

Fiverr is not listed on the official BDS list. 

Palestinians can work on Fiverr. There are LOTS AND LOTS of Muslims who work on Fiverr. Many Islamic states are teaching and encouraging their youth to learn freelancing skills, directing them toward platforms like Fiverr. 

As an Israeli company Fiverr probably pays some tax in Israel (I have no idea about the workings of their inner tax structures), and of course, Israel is a nation that uses conscription. Then there's the dumpster fire of Twitter, where the CEO posts. Did you think to look there before seeking clarification? 

There's no way you will "ensure" that anyone "does anything" with the level of care into this post - none. If you're looking for an excuse to work/not work on Fiverr, you don't need one. Do it, or don't. How is it that you've been on Fiverr since 2015 and don't know that Fiverr is Israeli? Or if you did, why does clarification suddenly matter now, when the current situation is just a particularly nasty episode of a conflict that has been going for decades?

P.S. Fiverr's HQ is in Israel. It is probable that some staff their have experienced loss as a result of this conflict. You want to make sure that they're neutral? That's quite a big ask from someone who uses a robot to talk for them and ask questions they don't bother to research first. 

P.P.S. Fun fact: their current HQ is actually a former government office. Ministry of Agriculture, IIRC. Just a stone's throw from the IDF HQ. 

Good Lord, man. Put the AI away and use your HI. ChatGPT does not make anyone look smarter or more thoughtful than they actually are. Quite the opposite. 

"Before pointing out flaws, ensure your fingers are free from the same stains." 

Before i start my reply, see attached a comparison between my text and yours, pretty funny isn't it

english is my fourth language by the way.

I thank you for all the judging you did there. You didn't answer any of my questions unfortunately, but this person did.

1 hour ago, catwriter said:

All they said is this:

As for your specific questions...

...I seriously doubt that anyone will answer those.

Certainly not here on the forum.

sometimes you just need to answer people's questions without making assumptions.

no need to reply back again, i won't read your comment.

thanks again.

1.JPG

2.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jaadani said:

sometimes you just need to answer people's questions without making assumptions.

Your text

image.jpeg.2373efcffb010e2a4fa1c0bae2405593.jpeg

@emmaki's text

image.jpeg.33e80ab15a37576b7574227147bf33d3.jpeg

Not sure what tool you used but I used one of the top tier ones in the industry. Obviously there will be some false positives and stuff, but I think the results are pretty obvious.

Regarding the topic.. as it was posted above, Fiverr operates normally regardless of the war. Since they are an international company, in the worst case scenario I am sure they can move their HQ to another country and restructure. They won't close or anything like that, they already have offices in other regions so.. if you were worried about Fiverr closing, that won't happen.

However, I don't see why you were attacking other forum users like @emmaki, she was just sharing her opinion. This is a forum, so obviously not eveyrone will think or act the way you do. Some people will have different ideas and approaces to a topic, so you should respect that, even if it's not how you view things. 

Regardless, good luck. What matters is that Fiverr won't close, and while they did admit the war is taking place, they clearly said the company and platform will function as usual.

• Like 12
  • Up 3

1 hour ago, jaadani said:

"Before pointing out flaws, ensure your fingers are free from the same stains." 

Before i start my reply, see attached a comparison between my text and yours, pretty funny isn't it

Oh dear OP. It's a pity you won't be responding to this, since it seems that all you've done is showcase your ability to carefully crop an image to make you look better.

Here's the tool: https://detecting-ai.com/fr/detect_ai/. I won't screenshot the whole thing, since there's no need to: people are quite capable of doing their own research by checking for themselves with a hot bit of damning copy-paste action: 

I love damning hot bits of copy-paste action, don't you?

image.png.468937544f41d842e9d5880c85e3e0ad.png

I must say, I am tickled pink and a beautiful shade of lime green by this. What was that about stained fingers, again? What was stopping you from looking up Fiverr's official statement, OP? That's all I meant by "research".

HI, not AI, OP. Don't worry, OP, I'll read your response if you make one, since I just love watching people dig out of the big holes they make for themselves. 

(P.S. How many languages you speak is irrelevant. I speak 1 very well and 3 very, very badly. Vive moi, la Roi! - it's deliberately grammatically incorrect so it rhymes but also genders me correctly, before anyone starts).

• Like 12

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

Your text

image.jpeg.2373efcffb010e2a4fa1c0bae2405593.jpeg

@emmaki's text

image.jpeg.33e80ab15a37576b7574227147bf33d3.jpeg

Not sure what tool you used but I used one of the top tier ones in the industry. Obviously there will be some false positives and stuff, but I think the results are pretty obvious.

Regarding the topic.. as it was posted above, Fiverr operates normally regardless of the war. Since they are an international company, in the worst case scenario I am sure they can move their HQ to another country and restructure. They won't close or anything like that, they already have offices in other regions so.. if you were worried about Fiverr closing, that won't happen.

However, I don't see why you were attacking other forum users like @emmaki, she was just sharing her opinion. This is a forum, so obviously not eveyrone will think or act the way you do. Some people will have different ideas and approaces to a topic, so you should respect that, even if it's not how you view things. 

Regardless, good luck. What matters is that Fiverr won't close, and while they did admit the war is taking place, they clearly said the company and platform will function as usual.

hey thanks for your answer. Unfortunately that's not what i need to know.
I'm not gonna comment on the AI thing, i already sent a screenshot, and we are not in an english class, and chatgpt is not against the law.
also, I didn't attack anyone, i only stated my opinion.

• Like 14

Your entire opinion was based around the deliberate and misleading "evidence" that you were not using AI and I was, OP.

Of course you've fallen back on "English class" and "not illegal" now. Except nobody was talking about language until you decided that was relevant, and er, boy, have I got news for you about ChatGPT and this forum!

If only you'd done some research. If this thread is teaching you anything, it should be that research is cool. I researched your AI tool and found out you weren't being honest, for example. I used ChatGPT for that. Here's how:

1) Copy your image.

2) Paste image in ChatGPT and ask it to write the French words in it 

3) Copy French words into Google

4) Et voila! Elementaire, mon cher Watson. You'll have to forgive my Anglo-Saxon keyboard not having any accents, but as you've pointed out, this isn't an English French class. So it doesn't matter! Oh well, de rien! 

I mean, it's barely research, just a time-saving method. Just imagine what I can find out to answer questions I have if I put my mind to it! Imagine what you could do too, mon ami! 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Hello Community, 

I found this post after quite a long time. But when I went through the query of Mr Jaadani and all the comments, it was shocking for me as a reader.

I believe It was merely a query by Mr Jaadani, regardless of whether it was written with the help of an AI or an alien from a different planet.

Secondly, I didn't find any statement that says whether Mr Jaadani found any evidence that Fiver is making any contribution to this war. He was asking whether Fiverr was doing it or not. 

On the other hand, the Fiverr Stuff milos_siena answered the query with appropriate profenalism. We don't know about the authenticity of the post he shared, but at least he was professional.

Why do some of the replies come out in a way as if taking the help of AI in writing a query is a crime? Or, it was an intention to insult anyone publicly who asks questions on this issue so that no one dares to ask anything about it in future?!!

Edited by sdkaysar