Gig preview images sent out in e-mails being mismatched?

inkpetal

Hi all,

I’m wondering if it’s just my Gig that’s going around with a new and terrible cover image replacing what should be in the preview when it goes out in e-mail.

I was browsing Fiverr and the site sent me an automated message with Gigs I might like, and it contained a link to my Gig with the title of my Gig but not my preview image. If that’s what really is going out in e-mails to buyers who browse I’m going to lose clicks plain and simple.

On the site it’s fine, there’s nothing wrong with the image, it’s just a standard preview of my tattoo design service, so I don’t really see a need for the site to be swapping it out.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?

Thank you very much!

It helps that I just got an e-mail again and I took a capture - This is how it’s being advertised in e-mails to prospective buyers.

It’s my title (that I apparently need to shorten - eek), and links to my gig, but definitely not my preview. Not only that but it doesn’t even resemble a submission. Completely bizarre.

Reply to @madmoo: You’re so lovely! Only one of my dead darlings have actually gone into tattoo to my knowledge. Clients so far seem to just like having something personal for their walls or theme imagery for their websites. It’s not much, but I love doing it.

(Yeah, I was really happy to see my gig show up! Just a bit pouty about not being properly represented.)

When I did a reverse image search of the celtic design’s image on google, I did find the picture but not in combination with Fiverr.com. The only explanation I could give is that it’s maybe the image of a deleted or suspended Gig, and when that newsletter came out, the image of the one was matched to the URL/Title of the other.

It depends a bit on whether these newsletters are an automated thing (error-prone) or a Human did it.

Btw, you make beautiful work 🙂

Reply to @laughingcrow: I was thinking that may have been it - so I changed both the filename and the title of the gig, and it’s still happening.

I’m pretty sure they’re automated. I sent a ticket to customer support to check it out, but it’s not like a huge problem so I expect it to take quite some time, which is fine, but my sales have ‘done the drop-off’ and I need the extra help.

-Thank you very much by the way! <3

It’s weird…I get emails constantly from fiverr with my own gigs in them. I hardly think they would be emailing to everybody.

With the image that is appearing in yours, I figure its what I have seen advertised online and also on the fiverr site. Basically it’s a generic something like “I will make a logo for you” and then it goes to the actual gigs where all the logo designers are.

However - it is odd if it links directly to your gig with the wrong image.

Archived