My buyer is using revisions to ask for new unpaid work from me.

nisedits

Question

I edited and delivered a video for my buyer which was also full delivery. However he still wants me to edit his other videos for free as I gave him unlimited revisions and he keeps asking me to edit other videos through revision feature. Help me, suggest me what to do please 🙏

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

17 answers to this question

"Hello! Thanks for reaching out again, but when I said I would do unlimited revisions, I meant on our first order. That one is now completed, so if you need me to edit different videos, I will be very happy to help, but I need you to make a new order. Thank you!"

Also, get rid of those unlimited revisions now, unless you want to be a slave. Offer 2 or 3 if you must, and that's it. After that, charge them for the extra revisions.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, nisedits said:

However he still wants me to edit his other videos for free as I gave him unlimited revisions

Well if you offered him unlimited revisions then he has every right to ask for changes until he is happy. 

In terms of editing other videos, then this is a service outside of your gig, so you should politely refuse. 

• Like 18

21 hours ago, nisedits said:

I edited and delivered a video for my buyer which was also full delivery. However he still wants me to edit his other videos for free as I gave him unlimited revisions and he keeps asking me to edit other videos through revision feature. Help me, suggest me what to do please 🙏

You should reject other video which is not part of the scope, explain how it works to him politely maybe he/she didn't understand what you mean by unlimited revision

• Like 15

You have created a huge problem for yourself by offering unlimited revisions. You now have no choice, but to continue working on the video you provided.
Furthermore, you should reject the other videos. Unfortunately, I suspect you've attracted a scammer. Scammers are lured by "unlimited revisions" and by "very low prices" (like your $5 and $10 gigs).

My advice is to set your prices higher and remove the unlimited revisions from all your gigs.

• Like 16
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't necessarily think unlimited revision is a bad thing as we can't read people's minds, so it's hard for anyone to tell even as a seller who will process which information which way.

Maybe not remove the "unlimited revision" thing from your profile but add a FAQ section in your profile where you can write down what you mean by unlimited revision with ALL CAPS LOCK. 

So, people don't make up excuses to get you to work under that unlimited revision banner.

Try that.

Also, if you can please listen to filip and up your pricing and do your GIG a justice 🙂

Have a nice day.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1

18 hours ago, loud_shout said:

I don't necessarily think unlimited revision is a bad thing as we can't read people's minds, so it's hard for anyone to tell even as a seller who will process which information which way.

Maybe not remove the "unlimited revision" thing from your profile but add a FAQ section in your profile where you can write down what you mean by unlimited revision with ALL CAPS LOCK. 

And then, if the buyer complains to Customer Support, they will side with the buyer, because the seller is promising unlimited revisions and has to keep working until the buyer is 100% satisfied. Even if the buyer is completely unreasonable.

• Like 14

That's awful and so rude, I'm sorry. Tell him that the unlimited revisions only applies to the order he placed, and if he wants you to work on more videos then he needs to place another order, or make a custom order.

I hope he stops!

• Like 8

I do provide unlimited revision for one of my gigs now, if a client would ask me to re-edit new images or vids every time, I would politely ask him/her to order a new gig. 

Some people seem to know how to make things complicated for others. 

• Like 4

Imagine not offering unlimited revisions and the buyer keeps requesting revisions even if they are not included  😄  It seems that on Fiverr people tend to behave as spoiled children when they place an order. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Alex.M said:

Imagine not offering unlimited revisions and the buyer keeps requesting revisions even if they are not included  😄  It seems that on Fiverr people tend to behave as spoiled children when they place an order. 

What would be your suggestion in this case to deal with this type of client? 

• Like 6

Just now, loud_shout said:

What would be your suggestion in this case to deal with this type of client? 

there aren't many things you can do, you either do what he says or either cancel the order. In all cases the seller has no advantage 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You can do one thing, that is when you will have around 10-15 orders then you can make the changes on your pricing and also the revisions so that you will be much safer to not getting any extra hard work which is not paying any money or value for you 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1