Anyone sellers with TRS, what are some mistakes you made early on, what do I need to look out for? THANKS!

jonathancommeli

I don't remember making any mistakes, to be honest. I know that's not what you want to hear, but I was well-prepared, having lurked on the forum for a while (without logging in) before I started selling. I also have a degree in business and had been a buyer for 18 months before I opened my first gig, so I knew exactly what to do to attract buyers.

The best advice I can give to a new seller is to be a buyer first. You get a true sense of what your potential clients are looking and searching for. What profiles you might choose over others and why, etc. Also, you should learn that you don't have to say yes to every order. Some people are not worth working with and will only make your life miserable. Learn how to spot red flags.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jonathancommeli said:

just wondering if you guys made some mistakes early in your fiverr career, what those were, and what you learned from them

2 hours ago, vibronx said:

I don't remember making any mistakes, to be honest. I know that's not what you want to hear, but I was well-prepared

The mistake most new sellers make in the beginning is not being prepared (as @vibronx was). Either they don't know Fiverr's ToS, they don't know how to navigate the platform, or they just don't know how to run a business.

So, read Fiverr's ToS, Help Center articles, and forum articles so that you are prepared to run your business on Fiverr. Many sellers get shut down because they are not familiar with Fiverr's ToS or Community Standards.

I didn't publish my first gig on Fiverr for 2.5 years because I didn't feel ready yet. However, when I did, my business on Fiverr was able to grow fairly quickly because I was ready.

I like @vibronx's suggestion to be a buyer first. Minutes after publishing my first gig, I realized that I didn't even know how the platform was going to look like for my customers. So I started searching for gigs that I could buy so that I could understand the buyer experience.

Buyers will expect you know the platform better than them (even if you are newer to the platform than they are). So be prepared to help them navigate through the order experience from start to finish. Know where the buttons are so you can help them find things easily. Give them a heads-up on what to expect in the order process so that there are no surprises.

I like how you are honest in your profile (just starting and wanting feedback to learn and be better), but remember that your business isn't about you - it's about your customers and what value you can give to them. So make your profile about them. Let them know right off the bat that you are there to help them with their problems (not the other way around).

Give them plenty of proof to show them what they can expect should they choose to order from you. When I had no orders and no reviews, my gig gallery gave me the credibility I needed to get my first few orders and reviews. If one of your samples or offerings resonates with your buyers (makes them think "That's what I need!"), then they'll place an order, even if you are new.

• Like 17
  • Up 2

6 hours ago, vickieito said:

The mistake most new sellers make in the beginning is not being prepared (as @vibronx was). Either they don't know Fiverr's ToS, they don't know how to navigate the platform, or they just don't know how to run a business.

So, read Fiverr's ToS, Help Center articles, and forum articles so that you are prepared to run your business on Fiverr. Many sellers get shut down because they are not familiar with Fiverr's ToS or Community Standards.

I didn't publish my first gig on Fiverr for 2.5 years because I didn't feel ready yet. However, when I did, my business on Fiverr was able to grow fairly quickly because I was ready.

I like @vibronx's suggestion to be a buyer first. Minutes after publishing my first gig, I realized that I didn't even know how the platform was going to look like for my customers. So I started searching for gigs that I could buy so that I could understand the buyer experience.

Buyers will expect you know the platform better than them (even if you are newer to the platform than they are). So be prepared to help them navigate through the order experience from start to finish. Know where the buttons are so you can help them find things easily. Give them a heads-up on what to expect in the order process so that there are no surprises.

I like how you are honest in your profile (just starting and wanting feedback to learn and be better), but remember that your business isn't about you - it's about your customers and what value you can give to them. So make your profile about them. Let them know right off the bat that you are there to help them with their problems (not the other way around).

Give them plenty of proof to show them what they can expect should they choose to order from you. When I had no orders and no reviews, my gig gallery gave me the credibility I needed to get my first few orders and reviews. If one of your samples or offerings resonates with your buyers (makes them think "That's what I need!"), then they'll place an order, even if you are new.

Wow, amazing, quite a lot of info, but thanks! Could you please explain the last part (the part about showing proof without reviews and orders) what can i say or do to get the first order, without reviews? Thanks alot, this is helping me alot!!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, jonathancommeli said:

Could you please explain the last part (the part about showing proof without reviews and orders) what can i say or do to get the first order, without reviews?

Include portfolio samples of your work using the gig video, images, and PDFs in your gig gallery. Make sure the samples are representative of what you will do for your buyer. The more samples you have, the better chances you have that a portfolio sample will resonate with a buyer so that they will want to contact you to place an order. If you don't have portfolio samples, create them. I started by creating projects for myself to showcase until I got orders and buyers approved the delivery files to be showcased in my gallery.

Be creative, create case studies, and try to imagine what your target buyer is looking for and what they want. The more you can understand their mindset, the better chances you have of connecting with them.

• Like 6
  • Up 3

23 hours ago, vibronx said:

I don't remember making any mistakes, to be honest. I know that's not what you want to hear, but I was well-prepared, having lurked on the forum for a while (without logging in) before I started selling. I also have a degree in business and had been a buyer for 18 months before I opened my first gig, so I knew exactly what to do to attract buyers.

The best advice I can give to a new seller is to be a buyer first. You get a true sense of what your potential clients are looking and searching for. What profiles you might choose over others and why, etc. Also, you should learn that you don't have to say yes to every order. Some people are not worth working with and will only make your life miserable. Learn how to spot red flags.

nice instruction

• Like 4

20 hours ago, vickieito said:

Thanks a lot for sharing this.

• Like 5