Christmas period on Fiverr

viciam11

Hey guys,

I have a question that I want to ask people that have been on Fiverr for a number of years and I'm sure a lot of newer users would find useful to know as well....what is it usually like on Fiverr during Christmas/New Year period? Is it slow for orders or normal? Or better?

• Like 15

19 minutes ago, viciam11 said:

Hey guys,

I have a question that I want to ask people that have been on Fiverr for a number of years and I'm sure a lot of newer users would find useful to know as well....what is it usually like on Fiverr during Christmas/New Year period? Is it slow for orders or normal? Or better?

I have a question the other way round - whether it gets slow or remains normal, how will it help new sellers?? 

A seller (new or old) should be optimistic and hopeful for a new order all the time. 🥰

• Like 9
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, priyank_mod said:

I have a question the other way round - whether it gets slow or remains normal, how will it help new sellers?? 

A seller (new or old) should be optimistic and hopeful for a new order all the time. 🥰

Erm okay yeh optimissm is fine but there are external factors that are reality. Such as market demands during certain times in the year. So I just wanted to know from those with past experience about the impacts of the holiday period on Fiverr.

• Like 11
  • Up 1

25 minutes ago, viciam11 said:

what is it usually like on Fiverr during Christmas/New Year period? Is it slow for orders or normal? Or better?

The short-short version:

It's different for everyone, and what others have experienced can be completely different from your experience.

The longer version:

In part, it depends on what you're selling.

If your services are something that can help increase Christmas sales of your clients, you might get more orders.

If you're selling something like Christmas greeting cards, obviously, you will sell more before Christmas than in July.

On the other hand, there aren't that many people who will need a new website in December; December is usually more for wrapping things up and preparing for the holidays than for starting a new business.

And then, there are also other factors, not strictly related to holidays, but they do affect what one might expect. For example, many authors and artists mention that their Christmas sales are considerably lower than they used to be, and there are several possible factors contributing to that.

And so on...

• Like 15
  • Up 1

32 minutes ago, viciam11 said:

Hey guys,

It is slower over the holidays, so sellers that rely on volume can be affected considerably.

But, if you have returning clients and your average per order is on the higher end, you will be fine.

• Like 10

Just now, viciam11 said:

So I just wanted to know from those with past experience about the impacts of the holiday period on Fiverr.

Yes, I understand completely and but it's not same for each and everyone is what I mean!!😇

Alot of us will confirm that it gets slow but then for many, their business shoots through the roof during the last 2 weeks of the year.

So there is no way we can generalize and be predictive about it!! 

PS Seasoned people can share their experiences about 'how it used to be or how it happened for them' but it will not happen the same way for a new person. Everybody has their own journey with a million variable factors at play!! (I'm referring to another thread about 'old timers' here)

• Like 11
  • Up 1

7 minutes ago, catwriter said:

The short-short version:

It's different for everyone, and what others have experienced can be completely different from your experience.

The longer version:

In part, it depends on what you're selling.

If your services are something that can help increase Christmas sales of your clients, you might get more orders.

If you're selling something like Christmas greeting cards, obviously, you will sell more before Christmas than in July.

On the other hand, there aren't that many people who will need a new website in December; December is usually more for wrapping things up and preparing for the holidays than for starting a new business.

And then, there are also other factors, not strictly related to holidays, but they do affect what one might expect. For example, many authors and artists mention that their Christmas sales are considerably lower than they used to be, and there are several possible factors contributing to that.

And so on...

Yeh, I imagine generally it is slower for majority of people, however some select niche services may do better during Xmas period.

Things like social media, websites etc I have a feeling might be slower as more people feel motivated to start a new business or make changes to their branding after the new year.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, viciam11 said:

Things like social media, websites etc I have a feeling might be slower as more people feel motivated to start a new business or make changes to their branding after the new year.

If you are really good with social media marketing, that's tremendous help with Christmas sales. People keep advertising on social media, after all, and need lots of help with it even if they're not looking to reinvent their brand.

Digital marketers and social media managers should be doing well throughout the year, if they're good (and not just people who claim to be expert/expart digital marketers, but think that digital marketing consists of spamming their gig link everywhere). People always want to sell something, and need help with advertising their products/services/brands.

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, catwriter said:

If you are really good with social media marketing, that's tremendous help with Christmas sales. People keep advertising on social media, after all, and need lots of help with it even if they're not looking to reinvent their brand.

Digital marketers and social media managers should be doing well throughout the year, if they're good (and not just people who claim to be expert/expart digital marketers, but think that digital marketing consists of spamming their gig link everywhere). People always want to sell something, and need help with advertising their products/services/brands.

It depends, with social media if you have long term standing customers...who pay you on a monthly on going basis to manage their social media accounts...they'll use your service through out the year.

I think I should rephrase my initial post and make it about getting "new" customers during holiday period. My personal feeling is that most business owners are in the holiday mood and are more likely to be thinking about their business after new year. Generally speaking. Like someone said above...most businesses will be thinking about wrapping up the year.

• Like 8

December and January are my busiest months. 

As a web designer I tend to pick up a lot of orders from people who are looking to start the year with a new business venture. This year seems to be no different.  On an average month I will design around 15 websites on Fiverr.  December and January combined I will probably do around 60.  

But as @catwriter has said, it is purely down to the niche you fall under and how you market your gigs. 

• Like 19

26 minutes ago, breals said:

December and January are my busiest months. 

As a web designer I tend to pick up a lot of orders from people who are looking to start the year with a new business venture. This year seems to be no different.  On an average month I will design around 15 websites on Fiverr.  December and January combined I will probably do around 60.  

But as @catwriter has said, it is purely down to the niche you fall under and how you market your gigs. 

That's very interesting. Thanks for sharing. January I understand being busy. December...I guess some people who like to plan ahead would start in December so they're ready to go soon as the new year begins.

• Like 9