Using the Grammarly integration in our inbox? Read this update

Kesha

Grammarly has announced it they will be shutting down the Text Editor SDK. Consequently, Grammarly will no longer be available for use in your inbox starting December 12, 2023. However, you may still use Grammarly privately if you'd like. We are currently working to find more ways to improve your experience on Fiverr and will keep you updated on any changes. 

• Like 120
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 15
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 12

10 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

image.png.2576386614da86eb268f8a62bdd446a0.png And here we go again...........

image.png.3c9af12fd2ca0d82182f8675a1d62e9f.png

Hi, there is no rule of grammar and spelling in speaking in English, do not try me to how to speak fluent English, I said in grammar and spelling, I watched you and there is another one, that shows us like this, so be polite and respect other sellers in Froum, be aware from negative feedback,

Edited by webdevelopers90
  • Like 37
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 2

• Lena pinned this topic
On 12/7/2023 at 9:01 PM, Kesha said:

Grammarly has announced it they will be shutting down the Text Editor SDK. Consequently, Grammarly will no longer be available for use in your inbox starting December 12, 2023. However, you may still use Grammarly privately if you'd like. We are currently working to find more ways to improve your experience on Fiverr and will keep you updated on any changes. 

Hope Fiverr will come up with a better solution.

• Like 34
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

On 12/8/2023 at 1:42 PM, webdevelopers90 said:

Hi, there is no rule of grammar and spelling in speaking in English,

Grammar applies to spoken English, too.

do not try me to how to speak fluent English,

When you claim to be fluent in English, that goes both for speaking and writing. And this...

Hi, there is no rule of grammar and spelling in speaking in English, do not try me to how to speak fluent English, I said in grammar and spelling, I watched you and there is another one, that shows us like this, so be polite and respect other sellers in Froum, be aware from negative feedback,

...this isn't how a fluent speaker would communicate. Not even close. Even if you just said aloud "do not try me to how to speak fluent English", everyone would think that your English is terrible, not that you're a fluent speaker.

I really don't get it. Why can't people just be honest about their English being at the conversational level, or basic? There's no shame in that.

• Like 41
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, imamiopial said:

Is it possible to somehow link the Fiverr language test results to the seller's language proficiency? This can restrict the sellers from choosing dishonest proficiency levels on their profile. 

It wouldn't restrict them. There are sellers with a 10/10 score who make an insane amount of mistakes in every post they make.

Too many people cheat on that test to make it reliable for anything.

• Like 31
  • Up 6

31 minutes ago, catwriter said:

It wouldn't restrict them. There are sellers with a 10/10 score who make an insane amount of mistakes in every post they make.

Too many people cheat on that test to make it reliable for anything.

True but still better than changing their proficiency from settings.

• Like 31
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

On 12/8/2023 at 7:42 AM, webdevelopers90 said:

A fluent person in English is someone who can express themselves effectively, accurately, and with ease in the English language. Fluency goes beyond basic proficiency; it implies a high level of comfort and skill in using the language, both in speaking and understanding. A fluent English speaker can communicate seamlessly, using appropriate vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation. Fluency is often considered a more advanced level of language proficiency.

On 12/12/2023 at 12:53 AM, imamiopial said:

Hello @Kesha thanks for the update.

Is it possible to somehow link the Fiverr language test results to the seller's language proficiency? This can restrict the sellers from choosing dishonest proficiency levels on their profile. 

I understand the importance of having high standards, but it's crucial to recognize the current issues. The Spanish exam on Fiverr, for example, has many errors. As someone with advanced Spanish certifications, it's disappointing to see these mistakes. I've reported them consistently over the years, but there hasn't been any noticeable improvement. When I contact Fiverr support, they assure me they'll pass it on to the relevant team, but actual fixes are still missing. I think addressing these issues would greatly improve the credibility and effectiveness of language assessments on the platform.

• Like 33
  • Up 1

On 12/7/2023 at 10:01 PM, Kesha said:

Thank you for the update

• Like 23
  • Up 2