New fiverr search system- Good for only Top Rated Sellers?

leenagig

Fiverr has changed its layout and search system. Now one can filter the level of seller, type of gig description, lanuage etc.

I think this type of system is fruitful to top rated sellers only. And it is bad for everyone else.

It is quite obvious that any buyer who wants a service will go through top rated sellers only. He will not bother to check services of a low level seller or a new seller.

And hence, a new seller will never grow on fiverr.

top rated sellers will keep getting orders. but a level 2, level or a new seller will not get opportunities.

What are your views on this??

Na, it’s good for all of us.

Clients with different budgets can find more suitable gigs easier, for example with small budget you can’t really afford high end services that TRS usually offer.

They will still use level 1 and 2 sellers, since level 1 is considered as starting sellers, and level 2 considered as standard sellers, in fiverr their prices are reasonably lower than TRS.

If you take an example where TRS have competitive or lower price than level 2 sellers, of course TRS have the advantage, and it’s fair.

If being a top notch seller does not give you advantage, why would anyone bother to do a great job? No one would want to be a TRS if there is no advantage to it. This motivates us, new and growing sellers to become one of them TRS.

If you nullify TRS advantage, this demotivates all of us and the community.

Sometimes when i’m looking to outsource, I myself look at the Lower Level Sellers first as they usually offer a higher quality service for a lower price, ‘Some’ TRS tend to bump up their prices for a lesser quality service just because they know they can.

In order to compete at lower levels its often a necessity to put more time in to your work, atm i put around 3 hours of work per base gig (way to much as i normally make 90$ in 3 hours). If i ever want to profit i would need to offer less per base gig, would never sacrifice quality but possibly quantity.

However i have a feeling that once you start off offering to much of your time it will be really difficult (maybe impossible) to change this later regardless of what badges you might get in the future.

Are you speaking of the new metadata-related search engine? I got the notice the other day that it has not been released yet, but they will when they have enough data. I don’t want to give my opinion because you will just get depressed. I’m like Marvin the robot from the Douglas Adams books.

Lets just say I have been on here for about three months and my gigs are dead in the water. Not moving, not generating sales, nothing. There needs to be some type of incentive for people to give someone a chance and purchase a new seller’s gig! Why does everything favor the people who are making mega-bank here?

There is one thing I am about to try that I have never tried before. Tomorrow or the day after (at the very latest) I am going to try posting a video on my gig. I cannot vouch for how well this will work because I have never tried this before. I can see how it would help your gig stand out, but thats still not going to give it a rating. I mean c’mon people! You see a gig with a video and pictures, you think to yourself, well that is nice… scroll down and see the non-existent rating and CLICK. You close the tab in your browser. Oh wait a minute! I forgot to sort by High Rating!

So that is what keeps the guppies with the guppies and the sharks with the sharks. If there was a rotating search-system that could periodically bump up new sellers to the top of the list, maybe that would help. Maybe…

Reply to @kaiosama:

There is a rotating system but as there are so many millions of gigs there will be long gaps in activity. Its common to have long periods (sometimes several weeks) without a single sale then suddenly there is a boom and you get multiple orders followed by another slow period.

If you feel like you tried all traditional ways you could try some of my methods http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/34534/gig-traffic-and-promotion-thoughts-tips-and-ideas/p1

Wow, you have some excellent tips on that page! Thank you very much for posting that link, I have bookmarked that page. Sometimes I have a hard time knowing what to do to promote a gig. I have been doing a ton of google searching, trying to absorb all the advice I can find.

Reply to @madmoo:

It wasn’t a personal attack, I was just saying when looking for a potential seller personally I always look at the lower levels first because in my personal opinion they usual have more to offer, even if I was a Level 0, I would have said the same thing as this is what I do when looking for a potential seller from a Buyers Perspective. What i’m trying to get across here is that the new filter system would not effect those of a lower level compared to those with TRS Status. And Also was not referring to either you or myself when I said ‘Bump Up Prices’ as my prices have stayed the same since the Previous Level, but I have always felt this was true about a Minority of the TRS Sellers especially when I am looking to outsource material myself from a Buyers Perspective.

We are talking about over 3 million gigs. Off course featured and top rated sellers just didnt do it as is. They worked day in and out and sacrificed their EVERYTHING for fiverr. Off course they deserve high ratings and above slots. However I have noticed that Fiverr gives an equal chance to everyone promoting their gigs!

You probably will get as many different opinions on this as there are gigs on Fiverr. As a buyer and seller, when I search I look at several gigs. If time is a factor, a TRS may not always be your best bet. Let me explain.

My specialty is whiteboard animation. If you search for whiteboard animation some of the TRSs have 15 to 20 gigs in their que. I have seen their delivery date be anywhere from 10 to 15 days (they have to make it that long to have time to do the work).

Most TRSs will offer fast service but at a high price.

Because TRSs are pretty busy, I have seen Whiteboard TRS with a normal 15 day delivery time offer 4 or 5 day fast service for additional cost of $40. Yet, you can find Level 1 and Level 2 sellers whose normal delivery is 4 or 5 days.

You can find some deals with Level 1 and Level 2 sellers and the smart level 1 and 2 sellers have a knack for offering something that a TRS can’t simply do because of their schedule.

Disagree. I am ranking now in areas where I wouldn’t have even stood a chance before on Fiverr. It’s all about using the system to your advantage, and although it may be challenging it’s really not. Side note. Most orders do NOT come from Fiverr, but rather search engines so it’s all about keyword relevance and learning how to rank properly. As long as you’re at least Level 1(but preferably Level 2) you shouldn’t have an issue. If anything, this may hinder new sellers but after you get going it will only benefit you.

Reply to @yasirsaeed87: I am going to post a video today for sure! I am excited about it because the Fiverr seller who made my video is AWESOME!! I could not make a video this good if I tried. I think I’m not allowed to post it here, but I wonder if I’d be allowed to recommend him in the My Gigs section.

I believe in the long run it is a good thing. The worst it has done is slowed a person’s progress down. They may not be getting as many “walk ins” as before, but if this hypothetical person is good at what they do, it won’t matter. They’ll still keep making sales.

I’m level 2, (see tiny purple badge next to my name for verification ;-D), and I have seen a slight dip in sales since this feature has been introduced. BUT sales haven’t gone away completely. And my regulars keep coming back for jobs which keeps me going. And every now and again I get another regular. Doesn’t happen too often, but it happens. And at a higher rate than regulars going quiet. (Not from dissatisfaction, but most people don’t need VO work every other week all year. It ebbs and flows) All that combines to make for a gradual growth of sales over time. Yeah, some people hop on here and get top seller in five months. Some don’t. Slow and steady wins the race though. This, I think, will help with that.

Reply to @madmoo: But that is just the thing! It is a video of screenshots of all my work and its stuff that I made. I do not personally appear in the video, but its not about me. I just think nobody wants to stare at my face when my work is the issue anyway. I guess all I can do is wait to see if the video is approved. I hope it will be.

thanks for sharing the news and facts, I should say someone who is a top rated seller probably has done more than others, so it might deserve a little bit boost. The other case which wasn’t in between discussions here is when a gig is getting more clicks and visits that pumps up and gets higher ranking. A gig which has been active and ordered multiple times lately that gig will get a higher ranking. Again being a top rated seller in my idea does not mean you will get higher promotion.

Archived