Spam

michaelasoprano

Question

Hi,

So many issues with Fiverr!

I am flooded with spam messages from Nigeria and such.  What do I do?

Also, I wanted to mark myself offline - impossible to do.

When I enter the dates for when I am away, I cannot hit the Confirm dates button.  My currency keeps changing to US dollars - I am not in the US.  What does that happen?

A little annoying!  I am so close to calling it quits.  This is like Facebook but worse?  Anyone feel the same way?

Thanks.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

3 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, michaelasoprano said:

Hi,

So many issues with Fiverr!

When I enter the dates for when I am away, I cannot hit the Confirm dates button.  My currency keeps changing to US dollars - I am not in the US.  What does that happen?

A little annoying!  I am so close to calling it quits.  This is like Facebook but worse?  Anyone feel the same way?

Thanks.

I think you have to contact Fiverr support team or @Lena mam as soon as possible

• Like 6

1 hour ago, michaelasoprano said:

Hi, unfortunately, there is little to do against spam. It's annoying, yes, but after a while, it cools down. At the moment, scammers see you as an easy target. As for spam (e.g. other sellers begging for work/etc.), just mark them as spam as well after a quick 'hey'. They won't disappear, sadly (but they unfortunately come with the site being global and everyone thinking it's easy to earn $ on here. 

For the vacation bit, I'd wait for a few hours to make sure it's not just a glitch (it could be) and contact support otherwise to see if you're either accidentally doing something wrong (been there done that) or it's a bug. The site isn't perfect, but most 'big' bugs get solved relatively fast (except for some old things that have more features than bugs now.)

As for why your currency is changing the USD, I think that's just how the site is programmed - you can view others (and your own prices) in your own currency, AND you can withdraw in your currency as well, but for the most part USD seems to be the most common one on here. You can ask CS if there's a way to change it permanently, but it might be best to get used to it since many clients might ask you about the price in it anyway. 

Fiverr isn't super easy in the beginning, especially nowadays - you joined at a sort of... busy time, I guess? There are more and more new sellers, which makes competition (and thus spam and scams) kind of worse as well, but if you're good at what you do, you'll likely get used to it! Just give it a chance. Of course, if it doesn't work for you, that's totally fine as well. 

• Like 5
  • Up 2

Hello @michaelasoprano

We understand how overwhelming it can be to receive spam daily. Believe me when I say we really do our best to fight it, both on Fiverr and here on the Forum. But as we try our best, so do they. Please always report them so that we can take the next steps. 

On 11/26/2023 at 1:25 PM, michaelasoprano said:

Regarding these issues, please contact our Customer Support. Whenever you encounter such or similar issues, please contact them or send us a message, so that the issues get resolved quickly. 

Thank you. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1