Does Fiverr takes Racism seriously?

avneeth100ms

Question

Just a few days back I asked a seller to share some previous and sample work if available and I received a very strange and unprofessional response from him. He replied "I know Indians very well they take example and go away and use sample on their YouTube channels but don’t worry if you use my video any single video on your channel, you will get a copyright strike in an hour".

Which obviously means that he is accusing Indians as thieves.

My concern is, does Fiverr take this kind of racist remarks any serious?

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 09-09-13 Find the best global talent.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

9 answers to this question

Hi @avneeth100ms,

Racism isn't tolerated on the platform. Fiverr's ToS states:

image.png.0266499a92e1c8eef812188d436abee2.png

If you feel like you are a victim of racism, you can report the seller by creating a ticket here:

https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/community-standards-and-terms-of-service/report-violation/create-ticket

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 12
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi @avneeth100ms,

Racism isn't tolerated on the platform. Fiverr's ToS states:

If you feel like you are a victim of racism, you can report the seller by creating a ticket here:

https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/community-standards-and-terms-of-service/report-violation/create-ticket

I did but I don't know if they are taking it seriously at all

• Like 5
  • Up 1

5 hours ago, avneeth100ms said:

I did but I don't know if they are taking it seriously at all

Because of Fiverr's privacy policy, they can't tell you what they are doing to remedy the situation or what conversations they have with other users on the platform. But I have seen Fiverr take action because of racism and discrimination and it's an issue that they take very seriously. Sometimes they give warnings (which you can't see and Fiverr won't tell you if they have given another user a warning). Other times the account gets banned (this is usually when an account is reported by multiple users or the violation was very serious).

So on your end, you won't see anything that Fiverr does. Luckily the seller already blocked you, so you won't have issue with that seller again unless he unblocks you and you have another conversation (but you can block and report him again at that time). Most likely he will not reach out to you again.

• Like 5
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/27/2023 at 6:28 AM, vickieito said:

Because of Fiverr's privacy policy, they can't tell you what they are doing to remedy the situation or what conversations they have with other users on the platform. But I have seen Fiverr take action because of racism and discrimination and it's an issue that they take very seriously. Sometimes they give warnings (which you can't see and Fiverr won't tell you if they have given another user a warning). Other times the account gets banned (this is usually when an account is reported by multiple users or the violation was very serious).

So on your end, you won't see anything that Fiverr does. Luckily the seller already blocked you, so you won't have issue with that seller again unless he unblocks you and you have another conversation (but you can block and report him again at that time). Most likely he will not reach out to you again.

Knowing that racist guy is active on the platform and earning money even after such brutal act, is what bothers me more.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, avneeth100ms said:

Knowing that racist guy is active on the platform and earning money even after such brutal act, is what bothers me more.

I'm sorry to hear you experienced such brutality on Fiverr. Nobody deserves to be subject to such brutal acts while going about their daily business.

I know it isn't quite the result you were hoping for, but if this seller was warned, they could suffer financially as a result of that. Warnings can sometimes result in loss of levels or a decrease in gig ranking. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, avneeth100ms said:

Who knows how long this seller will be on the platform. I'm guessing not for long if he continues to act that way - either Fiverr will ban him (for multiple violations), his business will die (because customers won't want to work with him), or he will leave on his own. 

• Like 5
  • Up 3

On 11/27/2023 at 6:28 AM, vickieito said:

Why would I have another conversation with an racist?

• Like 4