Don't have a gig because Fiverr is obtuse.

dwlangdon

Hello, I am trying to get started in Fiverr. I am setting up my account. I am setting up my gig (photography) when I get to the part that asks for up to five key words. I enter what I think are five words to search for, and I get the error message "Tag list must contain at least 1 tag". How do I know what the valid key words are?

I tried a forum search, and the Fiverr support section, but found no information. I tried filling out a support for, but it won't let me send it because the "gig" section is blank. However, the dropbox is also blank, and it won't let me fill in anything manually!!! This part is especially frustrating...

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I'm obviously missing something very simple, since thousands have been able to set up accounts.

keyword tags.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, dwlangdon said:

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I'm obviously missing something very simple, since thousands have been able to set up accounts.

Hi @dwlangdon, If you don't hit the "Tab" button after entering in a search term, the system won't count your search term as a tag. It also won't let you have a tag longer than 20 characters long.

1 hour ago, dwlangdon said:

I tried filling out a support for, but it won't let me send it because the "gig" section is blank. However, the dropbox is also blank, and it won't let me fill in anything manually!!!

What do you mean by this? Can you send a screenshot? Thanks!

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 14
  • Up 1

18 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi @dwlangdon, If you don't hit the "Tab" button after entering in a search term, the system won't count your search term as a tag. It also won't let you have a tag longer than 20 characters long.

What do you mean by this? Can you send a screenshot? Thanks!

That's it! Thank you very, very much. I still don't see where they tell you to use the TAB key, though. My brain must be different, because that wasn't intuitive to me. Commas, spaces, or the pound sign? Sure. However, I admit that this is a "me" problem since others obviously had no problem with this.

As for the support form, thank you for offering to help me with that too, but since I now have my question answered it is no longer needed, and I don't want to search through the website to get to that section again. 🙂

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, dwlangdon said:

that wasn't intuitive to me.

Fiverr's platform does have a lot of things that just aren't intuitive. 

It took me a while to figure out how to make different paragraphs in the inbox messages (instead of just one long message). It also took me 2 months to figure out how to submit my first Help Desk ticket to customer support. 😅 Luckily Fiverr made platform changes last year to make it easier to access customer support and Fiverr staff is participating more in the forum.

It's much easier to get answers to technical questions now.

• Like 10