Why are my earnings still showing "Coming soon"?

jimkernicky

Question

I helped someone over a week ago and the buyer created the order herself and I completed it in a few hours. The order was started and completed on Thursday 16th. Why are my earnings not showing as clearing in 21 days? Did the buyer do something wrong or is there something that the buyer has not done? This is ridiculous because I think it will be 21 days after the payment shows. Is there anything I can do? Why is this taking so long? Is Fiverr not picking up that the order is completed? How can I check to make sure that I completed the order in Fiverr's eyes? Any ideas or tips on how to fix this would be much appreciated.  

fiverr-clear.png

Screenshot 2023-11-25 155328.png

Edited by jimkernicky
  • Like 6

9 answers to this question

1 minute ago, jimkernicky said:

I helped someone over a week ago and the buyer created the order herself and I completed it in a few hours. The order was started and completed on Thursday 16th. Why are my earnings not showing as clearing in 21 days?

The clearance time for orders is 2 weeks, unless you have Seller Plus, in which case it's a week. 

If you completed the order on the 16th, I assume the buyer didn't mark it as complete himself, you waited 3 more days, so on the 19th it started the 14-day clearance process. That means December 3rd you should be able to access those funds. If he did mark it as complete right away, it's still the last day of the month. 

You need to understand that it takes 14 days to wait until your funds are cleared, that's how Fiverr works, and it has worked like that for over a decade. If you want to wait a bit less, you can pay for Seller Plus. 

• Like 8
  • Up 2

2 minutes ago, dennis_corey said:

I believe the order was marked as complete by Fiverr three days after you delivered the project so you don't have to contact her.

Ok, but why is it still showing Coming Soon? It bothers me that it takes 21 days to clear but I can live with that if I see that message. I have no idea what day I will be able to transfer the funds.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, jimkernicky said:

Ok, but why is it still showing Coming Soon? It bothers me that it takes 21 days to clear but I can live with that if I see that message. I have no idea what day I will be able to transfer the funds.

I think it's the feature itself (showing how much you'll be earning after the 14 days are up) is 'coming soon'. Up until a while ago, our earnings appeared at the dashboard/etc. right away after an order was completed (even if we needed to wait 14 days for them to clear.) So, for example, if an order was completed on the 10th of Nov, it said 'earnings in November, x amount'. Now it doesn't - it only appears there after it's cleared so I'm guessing that later we'll be able to see the to-be-cleared $ amount there. It doesn't do anything though; if you scroll down, you should still see that your order is clearing and on x day (so the 14th day from the 16th unless you are a Seller Plus member), it'll clear, and you'll have access to it 

I'm not sure why exactly it's like this now, but I suppose it's easier for some reason. It's thrown me off as well, but from the look of it, all is fine, you just need to wait for a few more days to pass. 

Edited by katakatica
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, jimkernicky said:

Why are my earnings not showing as clearing in 21 days?

15 minutes ago, jimkernicky said:

It bothers me that it takes 21 days to clear

You keep repeating your earnings taking 21 days to clear. Where do you get that from?

Earnings take 14 days to clear. So, if your order was completed on the 16th, your funds will be available on the 30th (14 days after completion). And if the order auto-completed, they'll be available on Dec 3rd (14 days after completion, which was on the 19th).

• Like 7
  • Up 2

12 minutes ago, maitasun said:

You keep repeating your earnings taking 21 days to clear. Where do you get that from?

On my Earnings page on the Overview tab. But listen, this is only my 4th order so I'm not working with a lot of data. I did notice lower on the page that it shows clearing in 5 days as donnovan86 mentioned above so I guess all is good. 

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, jimkernicky said:

On my Earnings page on the Overview tab. But listen, this is only my 4th order so I'm not working with a lot of data. I did notice lower on the page that it shows clearing in 5 days as donnovan86 mentioned above so I guess all is good. 

Ok, glad to know all is good!

I would suggest reading Fiverr's ToS and the Help articles (you may find the links at the bottom of the page). 

By the way, welcome to Fiverr! 🙂

• Like 7