How many days it took for your first order?

aliam_rezaie

Question

15 answers to this question

It took me a few weeks, but at the time of creating my gig I was only in competition with 100 other sellers offering the same/similar service. To put it in perspective, there are over 100,000 sellers offering the same or similar service as your logo design gig. There are several Level 2 and Top Rated Sellers in your category with thousands of 5 star reviews and only slightly more expensive than your gig, I honestly don't know how you would compete with that.

Some categories have become flooded with sellers hoping to strike it rich with somehow 10 years experience but nothing to show for it, questionable claims to their level of fluency in English, and low effort gigs because someone on a video advised "create this gig to easily make money on Fiverr". Unfortunately this has drowned out the genuinely good and highly skilled new sellers. The positive thing to take from that is if you have a well written gig description and a few items in your portfolio as evidence of your experience you'll already be ahead of thousands of those gigs.

• Like 14
  • Up 7

14 hours ago, bitwiseauto said:

It took me a few weeks, but at the time of creating my gig I was only in competition with 100 other sellers offering the same/similar service. To put it in perspective, there are over 100,000 sellers offering the same or similar service as your logo design gig. There are several Level 2 and Top Rated Sellers in your category with thousands of 5 star reviews and only slightly more expensive than your gig, I honestly don't know how you would compete with that.

Some categories have become flooded with sellers hoping to strike it rich with somehow 10 years experience but nothing to show for it, questionable claims to their level of fluency in English, and low effort gigs because someone on a video advised "create this gig to easily make money on Fiverr". Unfortunately this has drowned out the genuinely good and highly skilled new sellers. The positive thing to take from that is if you have a well written gig description and a few items in your portfolio as evidence of your experience you'll already be ahead of thousands of those gigs.

Nice explanation thanks to you, now I get why it’s too hard for me to get an order on fiverr. I have to find some gigs where they’re not flooded with sellers.

• Like 10

There are some things that I don't get. I have tried to optimize my gig in everyway possible and even changed the thumbnail and stuff. I have been on Fiverr for a month now and I feel like the only reason I haven't got my first order is that people don't know me yet plus I am in a competition with approximately 40000 people on my gig. Got any suggestions?

• Like 10

11 hours ago, urvah_tr said:

I have been on Fiverr for a month now and I feel like the only reason I haven't got my first order is that people don't know me yet plus I am in a competition with approximately 40000 people on my gig. Got any suggestions?

This is the value of niching down. To give you an example, I have gigs in very general categories (English-French translation or proofreading, for example) that have never had any orders. On the other hand, my gig in Notion templates is in a much smaller niche (less than 650 sellers have "notion template" in their title and description) and has gotten all my orders.

• Like 10
  • Up 3

On 11/26/2023 at 1:44 AM, bitwiseauto said:

Thanks a million for your informaations

• Like 3

19 hours ago, emma_7134 said:

This is the value of niching down. To give you an example, I have gigs in very general categories (English-French translation or proofreading, for example) that have never had any orders. On the other hand, my gig in Notion templates is in a much smaller niche (less than 650 sellers have "notion template" in their title and description) and has gotten all my orders.

Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 5