I got a new laptop (Used one) that had a Fiverr account before. Is it okay to log in to my account from that lap?

samudiththarind

5 hours ago, graphicgazz said:

It is generally safe to log in to your Fiverr account from a new or used laptop. Fiverr doesn't explicitly restrict logins from different devices.

No, but if someone else had an account it can lead to weird problems. As I said, why do people keep the old operating system when they buy a second hand device? Delete everything and reinstall Windows, it will solve most if not all the issues.

• Like 10
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, graphicgazz said:

It is generally safe to log in to your Fiverr account from a new or used laptop. Fiverr doesn't explicitly restrict logins from different devices.

It depends if it would be using the same cookies (eg.  if it used the same Windows account). If it used the same cookies (which weren't removed) it would detect the past Fiverr accounts. Maybe if they did browser fingerprinting they could also tell.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 9

54 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

It depends if it would be using the same cookies (eg.  if it used the same Windows account). If it used the same cookies (which weren't removed) it would detect the past Fiverr accounts.

Exactly. That's why it's better to start off with a fresh Windows installation. 

• Like 11
  • Up 1