what are the most well known scams done to sellers on fiverr?

Guest mohanad_moh

Question

Guest mohanad_moh

It looks like AI or scam robots are asking for my service and are trying to hack my laptop by doing communications outside of the app.

2 answers to this question

While Fiverr is a reputable platform, like any online marketplace, it's important to be aware of potential scams. Here are some common scams that sellers on Fiverr may encounter:Chargeback Scams: A buyer may initiate a chargeback through their payment provider after receiving the service, resulting in a loss for the seller.Fake Disputes: Some buyers might falsely claim that the delivered work is unsatisfactory to get free services or refunds.Stolen Credit Card Fraud: Sellers could face issues if a buyer uses a stolen credit card to purchase their services, leading to chargebacks.Unauthorized Account Access: Hackers may gain access to a seller's account and misuse it, affecting the seller's reputation and earnings.To protect yourself:Communicate Clearly: Have clear communication with buyers regarding the scope of work, delivery time, and revisions.Watermark Previews: If applicable, consider watermarking previews until the buyer accepts and pays for the final product.Use Fiverr's Messaging System: Keep communication within Fiverr's messaging system to have a record of conversations.Be Cautious with Requests: If a buyer asks to communicate or pay outside of Fiverr, be wary, as this violates the platform's terms.Check Buyer Profiles: Review buyer profiles, especially if they are new or have no previous activity, before accepting orders.If you encounter suspicious activity or believe you are a victim of a scam, report it to Fiverr's support team. They can provide assistance and investigate the situation.

• Like 5

I design websites and I had a case where a buyer simply did not approve the delivery of my work for several weeks. He didn't respond to my messages and also didn't ask me to make any changes to the work. He was already actively using my site for his business purposes. The customer service can't help as they can't influence the buyer to accept delivery. It has been a month since the buyer did not take delivery but used my work and I wrote to him that I will complain to the court that I am the copyright holder of this site. After that fiverr algorithms considered my message as a threat to the client and blocked me, and the buyer got his money back. 
So in any disputable and fraudulent situations behave very friendly and correct, it is not worth your nerves. 

• Like 3