My gig doesn't appear in searches or is there something wrong?

mtt_harrison

Hello! I'm encountering an issue (or at least I believe I am, I'm not entirely certain). My gig isn't showing up in searches; even when I try to search for it by name, it doesn't appear on any of the pages. I've ensured that it's well-indexed and configured. To provide some context, I currently have over 5 gigs, all of which are functioning well and are easily found in searches. However, when I attempt to locate this specific gig, it's nowhere to be found. I've confirmed that it's published and active. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Edited by mtt_harrison
  • Like 11
  • Sad 3

Hey!

Is your gig new by any chance? If yes, that may be the reason because it can take some time for new gigs to be displayed in search. I would wait a little bit If i was in your place before contacting support, but if your gig is not new and you are sure it's active you should just send the ticket to support. Hope this helped!

• Like 12

I have the same problem going on, and i have mail customer support, but they didn’t responded well. They just say “Gigs on Fiverr shift their position daily and we cannot guarantee search positions and impressions” hope this problem get solved very soon!

• Like 8

On 11/15/2023 at 1:45 PM, mtt_harrison said:

Hello! I'm encountering an issue (or at least I believe I am, I'm not entirely certain). My gig isn't showing up in searches; even when I try to search for it by name, it doesn't appear on any of the pages. I've ensured that it's well-indexed and configured. To provide some context, I currently have over 5 gigs, all of which are functioning well and are easily found in searches. However, when I attempt to locate this specific gig, it's nowhere to be found. I've confirmed that it's published and active. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Hi, here are some tips for that, maybe it will help:

• focus on keywords, do some research and see which keywords fit the best for your gigs
  • use eye-catching gig images
  • use nice and simple gig description, but still describe your service in best way possible
  • put lower price on your gigs, but dont worry you will be able to rise price, later
  • give your gigs few weeks to see how these changes will affect them

I hope it helps, have a nice day 🙂 

• Like 10

On 11/15/2023 at 11:54 AM, ivan_8813 said:

Hey!

Is your gig new by any chance? If yes, that may be the reason because it can take some time for new gigs to be displayed in search. I would wait a little bit If i was in your place before contacting support, but if your gig is not new and you are sure it's active you should just send the ticket to support. Hope this helped!

Thank you all very much for your comments, and yes, this is a new gig that I have created on the platform but I am not a newbie, I have been working on Fiverr for more than 2 years and it is something strange to be honest. 😕

• Like 5