Can I politely ask or request a seller on Fiverr to refer a client or buyer to me?

foxyify

16 minutes ago, foxyify said:

Can I politely ask or request a seller on Fiverr to refer a client or buyer to me?

If you mean messaging other sellers (and asking them for work basically), no. 

The reason is simple - you're not the only one who has that idea. Imagine being a higher-levelled seller and having MANY people message you... (Because they do.)

• Like 11
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, foxyify said:

The only legitimate reason to contact another seller is if you intend to buy from them, and need to ask them something about their serviece, check whether they're available, and so on. Contacting them for any other reason is considered to be spam, even if it's just one message. And many sellers will report you for spamming them.

EDIT: And posting multiple topics about the same subject is spam, too.

I wouldn't trust a "one-stop solution for all things related to digital marketing" who spams around.

Edited by catwriter
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Up 4

7 minutes ago, foxyify said:

It is your thinking nothing else.

The TOS explicitly forbids sellers from messaging other sellers for work.

Double-posting on the forum isn't great either to be honest (and also technically against the rules. It CAN be an accident but I'd honestly take it as good advice. 

It might sound silly, but potential buyers could find your forum posts (or other posts online.) It's up to us to always be polite and well, not spammy / all over the place (not saying you were, I'm just explaining things.) 

That being said, it IS better to ask this question than spamming others first. 

• Like 15
  • Up 3

3 hours ago, foxyify said:

@katakatica is correct. First, why would someone give you their business? This is not a site for panhandling. Why would someone reward a spammer who  is in violation of TOS begging for business?  Finally, why would you need to do this if your profile is true when you say, "On Fiverr I'm your one-stop solution for all things related to Digital Marketing"

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 16
  • Up 3