Received job complete email with no Logo and Seller is asking for more money?

pennywhistle

New to Fiverr and think it’s a brilliant concept. I am a purchaser, who put together a detailed request list for a logo and advertised via request a gig. I had many replies (as seems standard!) and spent a long time searching through all applicants to narrow it down to a short list who had done similar work to what I wanted and good reviews. From there, I sent a detailed ‘client brief’ to each applicant with example images of what I needed for my logo.

I received emails with some saying they could complete the work but would charge extra as it would be an original design (despite them all having to be original I suspect!? So i guess no use of stock images is what some meant) . Requested prices varied from $50 up to $165. As I was new and I am doing this for a not for profit elderly association sports team, I wasn’t too keen to invest that amount to begin with. But would have been happy to ‘tip’ if the work was good.

Anyway, a seller contacted me offering to do the work saying they understood what I wanted and have done similar work in the past, with no additional costs. So I happily decided to use them. Come this morning I receive an email saying the job has been complete, so eagerly checked waiting to see the logo. NO LOGO was attached. Instead there was an email saying that needed to pay an additional $45 and that she was back logged with customer orders. (Despite there being only 2 ques on her page). I am really confused. I sent an email back asking if she had forgotten to attach the image, and that I would be happy to purchase the extras as a way of her getting the additional funds, but I needed to see the logo first to confirm the work before parting with money that’s not mine. It’s now late afternoon and I still haven’t heard anything.

Is this common practice? Am I just unlucky? I understand that maybe my request was too hard (think American Sports Team logos with Mascott) but I believe she should have told about any additional costs before I purchased with her as others already had. Then I may have rethought about using Fiverr altogether as I don’t want to take advantage of people and get something for basically nothing. But it does really annoy me that she potentially got my work dishonestly and now I assume I can’t do anything about it. Sorry for the massive post!! If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated. 🙂

Maybe there was a bug with attaching. It happens sometime that other side doesnt get the file.

pennywhistle said: Anyway, a seller contacted me offering to do the work saying they understood what I wanted and have done similar work in the past, with no additional costs.

And to be honest, seller is asking for more even on first seller said no additional cost. I am not sure, but I would really consider to cancel this order. As you didnt get any design and he/she is asking for more money.

Reply to @arty182925: I agree, cancel that order quick. Sounds like a bait and switch situation. Sure, I can do the design for $5… oh yeah, it turned out to be more involved than I thought— it’s $50 total…

You took every step towards explaining what you wanted. I have gotten AMAZING graphic designs for only $5 through fiverr users…

Hopefully you only invested $5. I would not invest any more money. When a seller contacts me and as long as they are honest about their requirements, I tell the client the cost involved before they order.

If the client changes his requirements after he orders and it entails a lot of extra work, I may ask for additional charge. But if the client doesn’t change the requirements we initially agreed to, I would not change the cost.

Not sure if this is a common practice or not in fiverr, but it certainly is not a good business practice. You can contact customer service to cancel that order out.

Also you were talking about “American Sports Team logos” with Mascott logo mascot, well that is my expertise, if you still need that mascot made, check my gigs out. 🙂

http://www.fiverr.com/ylesiw

http://www.fiverr.com/ylesiw//cdnec20.fiverrcdn.com/assets/v2_backgrounds/bg-homepage-welcome-voiceover-85e9bdff303ae429fa2707d9da7cb208.jpg

Fiverr: Graphics, marketing, fun, and more online services for $5

http://www.fiverr.com

Archived