Why spam messages increasing rapidly day by day?

mahir_labib007

2 hours ago, mahir_labib007 said:

1. Why are spam messages increasing day by day?

Because spammers know that it's an effective method for tricking new, naive, and desperate sellers. 

2. Should Fiverr review its policy to improve Seller's experience?

Fiverr is actively fighting against spam on its platform.

3. What steps could prevent/reduce such incidents?

Be wise and recognize spam for what it is. Don't be tricked. Mark spam as "spam" to immediately report the account. If enough users report the spammer, their account will get shut down pretty quickly.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 13
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, vickieito said:

Because spammers know that it's an effective method for tricking new, naive, and desperate sellers. 

Fiverr is actively fighting against spam on its platform.

Be wise and recognize spam for what it is. Don't be tricked. Mark spam as "spam" to immediately report the account. If enough users report the spammer, their account will get shut down pretty quickly.

Thanks for your insights.
Hope, Fiverr invents some new policies to reduce spam as early as possible.

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...

I have an idea. When people sign up on Fiverr as Buyers, they should have to put down a $50 USD advance. They can use it to pay for Seller Services. The money will not be refundable. This will stop 100% of the scammers and spammers out there, as they will not be willing to lose $50 when they are not really here to buy services. And if they're here to scam, they won't be able to as the money is held in trust and non-refundable.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

12 hours ago, meldawn9 said:

I have an idea. When people sign up on Fiverr as Buyers, they should have to put down a $50 USD advance. They can use it to pay for Seller Services. The money will not be refundable. This will stop 100% of the scammers and spammers out there, as they will not be willing to lose $50 when they are not really here to buy services. And if they're here to scam, they won't be able to as the money is held in trust and non-refundable.

Great Idea! 

I don't even know if Fiverr is working towards any of these ideas. I am frustrated because Fiverr doesn't give me a chance to the Seller to review profile scam issues.
Hopefully, they update their policies soon.

• Like 7