Clicks, Conversion, Promoted Gigs

neonlemar

Hello everyone,

So I've had a weird (for me) couple of months on the platform.

In early August/September my conversion rates averaged about an order for every 5 clicks on my gigs via promoted gigs, which was a substantial overperformance on my usual 1 to 10 ratio.

Encouraged by this, I proceeded to raise the spend cap + CPC limit on my promoted gigs and join the sellers' premium program. However, this seems to have had the opposite effect on my gigs, as I'm now going on 50 promoted gig clicks over the past 30 days with no orders. Nothing was changed in the gig pricing/description during that period but for some reason, my conversion rate plummeted to nil. The confusion isn't helped by the fact that my completed orders were all rated 4.7 - 5 stars, with multiple returning clients.

I have now reduced my click spend to the previous limit to reduce my spend exposure and also in hopes that this appeases the algorithmic gods, but I'm curious to know if there's something else going on or if anyone else has had the same experience previously.

image.png.b92b483ab83949e730edce95cc5de7a0.pngimage.png.7a21fed93f1e8b7a74d1f83099f38cb0.png

• Like 10
  • Up 2

On 10/22/2023 at 7:14 PM, neonlemar said:

Hello everyone,

So I've had a weird (for me) couple of months on the platform.

In early August/September my conversion rates averaged about an order for every 5 clicks on my gigs via promoted gigs, which was a substantial overperformance on my usual 1 to 10 ratio.

Encouraged by this, I proceeded to raise the spend cap + CPC limit on my promoted gigs and join the sellers' premium program. However, this seems to have had the opposite effect on my gigs, as I'm now going on 50 promoted gig clicks over the past 30 days with no orders. Nothing was changed in the gig pricing/description during that period but for some reason, my conversion rate plummeted to nil. The confusion isn't helped by the fact that my completed orders were all rated 4.7 - 5 stars, with multiple returning clients.

I have now reduced my click spend to the previous limit to reduce my spend exposure and also in hopes that this appeases the algorithmic gods, but I'm curious to know if there's something else going on or if anyone else has had the same experience previously.

image.png.b92b483ab83949e730edce95cc5de7a0.pngimage.png.7a21fed93f1e8b7a74d1f83099f38cb0.png

It sounds like you've experienced a significant shift in your gig performance, which can be frustrating. Here are a few suggestions that might help you navigate this situation:

1. Contact Fiverr Support: Reach out to Fiverr's customer support to explain your situation. They might be able to provide insights or investigate any potential issues with your account.

2. Review Gig Analytics: Check if there have been any significant changes in your gig analytics. Look for patterns in terms of views, clicks, and impressions. This might give you a clue about what's going wrong.

3. Check Competition: Evaluate if there have been any changes in your competition. New sellers or changes in their gigs can sometimes affect your visibility.

4. Review Gig Content: Take a critical look at your gig description, pricing, images, and tags. Ensure they are optimized and reflect the value you provide.

5. Reevaluate Your Promoted Gigs Strategy: It's good that you reduced your click spend to the previous limit. Sometimes, increasing exposure too quickly can lead to a drop in conversion rates.

6. Monitor Trends: Keep an eye on any trends or updates within your niche on Fiverr. Changes in algorithms or platform policies can have an impact on gig performance.

7. Engage with Past Clients: Reach out to your previous clients and ask for feedback. This can not only provide you with insights but can also lead to repeat business.

8. Consider Diversification: Depending solely on one platform can be risky. Consider diversifying your online presence, like creating a personal website or exploring other freelance platforms.

9. Be Patient and Persistent: The gig economy can be unpredictable. Sometimes, there are fluctuations that are beyond your control. Keep refining your approach and stay consistent.

Remember, the gig economy can be dynamic, and what worked yesterday might not work today. It's important to be adaptable and proactive in seeking solutions. Good luck!

• Like 5