Problem "finding" my Category (it's not really listed)

ncstudios178

Hello everyone,

I have been using fiverr regularly over the years to find talented, hard-working freelancers, and I have always been very happy with the results.

Now, I want to offer my own skills as a freelancer, but I'm running into an issue that I think should not be hard to overcome:

- I am qualified in virtual tours / 360°-Tour-Creation and the 3D-Vista-Software, but I'm unable to add this to my list of skills / competencies, because neither of those skills is listed and hence cannot be selected.

Is there a way to add categories, and / or suggest their addition to the existing ones?

That would certainly be a great help for many freelancers on fiverr.

Best regards & thanks in advance for your answer,

Til 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, ncstudios178 said:

Is there a way to add categories, and / or suggest their addition to the existing ones?

If you mean the categories/subcategories - I don't think you can suggest them (other than through a help ticket or on the forum)

but you can search for what you're looking for in the search bar and then click on the category button and it will show which categories most of the results are in.

eg. if you search for "virtual tour" then the top 2 categories it lists (the ones with the most gigs) are:

Graphics & Design > Architecture & Interior Design > 3D Modeling & Rendering

Graphics & Design > Architecture & Interior Design > Virtual Staging

If you mean skills on the profile then as you type a skill in it has an option to suggest a new one there.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5
  • Up 1

4 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

If you mean the categories/subcategories - I don't think you can suggest them (other than through a help ticket or on the forum)

but you can search for what you're looking for in the search bar and then click on the category button and it will show which categories most of the results are in.

eg. if you search for "virtual tour" then the top 2 categories it lists (the ones with the most gigs) are:

Graphics & Design > Architecture & Interior Design > 3D Modeling & Rendering

Graphics & Design > Architecture & Interior Design > Virtual Staging

If you mean skills on the profile then as you type a skill in it has an option to suggest a new one there.

Hi there,

Thank you very much - I was indeed referring to the categories/subcategories, so yes, I think suggesting those via "help ticket" is probably the only road I can take. 

The problem is that, especially in the field of 3D design, there are lots of very different softwares on the market today (this is certainly also the case with video editing / audio editing / 2D-editing softwares as well), so someone searching for my specific skillset will most likely not get what they expect when they search for freelancers. On the other side, chances are that I will have to turn down many offers for "Virtual Staging" or "3D Modeling & Rendering" whenever my skills are limited to software / softwares that the potential client does not own (or that their products are incompatible with). 

That's why I think that expanding the categories and subcategories would be very beneficial for freelancers, customers and fiverr as a platform in general.

Thanks again & best regards,

Til 

• Like 4
  • Up 2