Do Not Click - www.fiverrvote.com

kashmiah

Hi Everyone,

Just a note. We’ve gotten reports that a few community members have been getting messages asking them to click fiverrvote dot com. If you see a notification in your inbox asking you to click on a fiverrvote link, please do not click that URL.

It is not from Fiverr, even though it claims to be coming from the Fiverr_Updates inbox.

The real Fiverr_Updates inbox has a Fiverr verified check in the profile image. If you don’t see a verified check in the profile picture of Fiverr_Updates, please do not open it or click on anything in the message.

We’re looking into this issue.

Best,

Fiverr Team.

• 2 weeks later...

Reply to @skydesigner: As someone that fell victim to this scam on 8/1/14 changing your security questions is not enough.

The biggest issue is that the scammer sent it right after many of us were invited to participate in the new meta gig testing therefore it appeared to be a continuation of the original legitimate Fiverr request.

Total mess.

@laughingcrow: There are two ways to get a site down, and you have gone with the second way.

First someone sends a message to them that they are doing illegal things, and that they should stop it- He knows what hes doing is illegal, obviously he will not reply to messages

When they do not respond or comply, you can start filing all manner of disputes and all of those take time and evidence. - Theres no need to do this. The site is hosted with hostinger.in and domain is with godaddy, the site can be taken down if fiverr representatives directly contact abuse department of both host and domain. Hosting a phishing page is illegal, and if hostinger does not decide to take the site down, fiverr has the right to sue it and claim some $$$

Reply to @skylal: That option takes time as well, maybe more maybe less. It’s also less permanent since that person can simply IP-hop or proxy his way into a new account and make a new site with the same stuff on it.

However, disputes allow a clause to continue the case and compile them if there is recidivism. In other words, if he does it again, sneaking past the monitors or using another host, the fines and punishments increase.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I foolishly clicked on the link and now my gigs have been suspended and my available revenue withdrawn and I cannot even access my account as all of the settings have been changed.

It’s not Fiverr’s fault, but I do hope that they will help me put things right.

Archived